GAA 2024

Hard luck Corky. Small consolation I know but Cork were equal contributors to arguably the best Final that I remember in over 50 years.

At the end ye could have won it.

I was genuinely neutral, although ye have 30 titles and that is only Clare's 5th.

Take care and have a break from Current Affairs for a while :cool: !
Truth be told mate we were way too loose for those Clare goals. None of our forwards could win the dirty ball as well!

Until that changes we won't win the all Ireland. I feel for Hoggie and Seamus Harnedy it looks like they won't win that all Ireland now.

It's a long way back to tell you the truth. Munster will be a minefield again as per usual!

We need to work on our defending and find some forwards to win the dirty ball up front.

Truth be told mate we were way too loose for those Clare goals. None of our forwards could win the dirty ball as well!

Until that changes we won't win the all Ireland. I feel for Hoggie and Seamus Harnedy it looks like they won't win that all Ireland now.

It's a long way back to tell you the truth. Munster will be minefield again as per usual!

We need to work on our defending and find some forwards to win the dirty ball up front.
Commiserations Corky 💙

As a clare fan I said before Tony Kelly wouldn't be considered a great hurler till he did it in Croke Park. By god did he do it today. The most magic 3 scores you will ever see in Croke Park. Now he is a legend of the game hats off to you TK 😉
I will leave this here my favourite song and by an English man

Last edited:
As a clare fan I said before Tony Kelly wouldn't be considered a great hurler till he did it in Croke Park. By god did he do it today. The most magic 3 scores you will ever see in Croke Park. Now he is a legend of the game hats off to you TK 😉

A Clare man did say to me that if he was on form then Clare will win. By god he was dead right. Hurling really is the greatest sport in the world.

Quick nod to the Limerick Ref. Thought he was so good. Gave what he saw and let the two teams get on with it,the game flowed and was so much better for it.
There were contentious decisions alright,but isn't that better than a game of football and VAR stopping ,analysing reviewing etc.
He missed the shirt pull at the death and credit to a majority of Cork fans and players afterwards who accepted their fate with huge dignity.
I'm heading into work in Shannon, Co Clare now. Wonder how many will be off sick !.

what an incredible day in Croke Park yesterday, I'm still buzzing, we are so privileged to have the greatest field game to call our own, Clare showed true grit and defiance and deserved to come out on top in this epic, what is it about Clare/Cork games that have been so enthralling over the last 15 years, margins are wafer thin between them, hurling truly is the game of the gods and the gift that keeps on giving

Banner Abu...

As a clare man not be bickering but Tony was a great before yesterday.
He did it in croke park in 2013 as a 19 year old .
He's our greatest ever player

Hope ye do it. My late Dad was from Cavan and always cheered for the Ulster teams when Cavan not playing.

I don't like Galway for a number of reasons which I won't go into - not just because they knocked out the Dubs BTW , it goes back decades.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back