Game Day experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere while you bum/get bummed, yes.
I feel most people who think getting bummed is bad, have never been bummed.

ANYWAY.

As others have said, get to Goodison as early as you can, go from pub to pub, saviour the experience.

I hate Everton and have been going to Goodison for 35? years, but despite all that, its still a very special place, theres nothing like leaving Goodison with 3 points in the pocket.

Me and the lads tried to get in many years ago, the bouncers took 1 look at us all and said "No chance lads", so I sadly have never experienced it.
I was thinking of grubby gay clubs in London I used to frequent at 6am on a Sunday morning after the ones we were in were closed. Going back a few years. Some interesting/disturbing sights.

ANYWAY

Get down to goodison park
Woooooooooooooo

As others have said, get to Goodison as early as you can, go from pub to pub, saviour the experience.

I hate Everton and have been going to Goodison for 35? years, but despite all that, its still a very special place, theres nothing like leaving Goodison with 3 points in the pocket.
This reminds me I gotta get me dad to Goodison before it's literally impossible FFS

In my experience it can be a very very bad thing 😂
Tell all, this is a safe space.

you-can-trust-04f445b399.jpg

Game day, ignore any advice about staying in town/the city centre drinking before kick off. I'd get to Goodison early and collect your ticket so you don't get caught in any ques just before kick off.

Visit St Lukes Church, the fan park maybe even the blue base, loads of pubs that will be chocker with blues before and after the game. You'll get to see everything the city centre has to offer whilst staying over, and wont have many chances if any to experience match day at Goodison with the move to BMD.
100% agree with this.

I suggested staying in town earlier in the thread, but that's not for pre match, more the overall stay planning.

As its your first trip get down nice and early. Walk the full Goodison timeline. If you're planning on a pint in the Winslow, again, get in and out early. It gets jam packed and can take an absolute age to get served.

Definitely take in St Lukes, upstairs is a treasure trove of stuff to pick up vs the overpriced tat you can buy in the Everton store.

Get inside and to your seat (you guessed it) early, watch the warm up, watch the ground fill up.... You're coming a long way, enjoy the whole experience.

Reading that back I'd say set off for the ground at 730am lol Only messing, for a 3pm ko 1130 gives you loads of time to do everything above)

100% agree with this.

I suggested staying in town earlier in the thread, but that's not for pre match, more the overall stay planning.

As its your first trip get down nice and early. Walk the full Goodison timeline. If you're planning on a pint in the Winslow, again, get in and out early. It gets jam packed and can take an absolute age to get served.

Definitely take in St Lukes, upstairs is a treasure trove of stuff to pick up vs the overpriced tat you can buy in the Everton store.

Get inside and to your seat (you guessed it) early, watch the warm up, watch the ground fill up.... You're coming a long way, enjoy the whole experience.

Reading that back I'd say set off for the ground at 730am lol Only messing, for a 3pm ko 1130 gives you loads of time to do everything above)

Basically, get there at 7am, queue outside until the turnstile opens at 1pm and then leg it to the front of the street end to get next to the goal lol

Hi dont want to start a new thread asking the same questions so will post here. Hope I am not hijacking your thread @C0yle As posted above bring the family over from Australia to see a game at Goodison before its gone and purchased the mascot package, which is basically the kids inheritance :). Looking for an apartment setup which is safe enough to walk to restaurants etal with the kids at night. Looking at the Cove Paradise Street Apartments at 39 Paradise St, those that know the city whats the area like? Cheers for any responses in advance.

Hi dont want to start a new thread asking the same questions so will post here. Hope I am not hijacking your thread @C0yle As posted above bring the family over from Australia to see a game at Goodison before its gone and purchased the mascot package, which is basically the kids inheritance :). Looking for an apartment setup which is safe enough to walk to restaurants etal with the kids at night. Looking at the Cove Paradise Street Apartments at 39 Paradise St, those that know the city whats the area like? Cheers for any responses in advance.
That's right in the middle of the city centre. It's a fully pedestrianised street with plenty of restaurants and other amenities.

No at all mate. Thanks to everyone that has responded. Every one is appreciated. Is Been really nice to get the thoughts of fellow suffering blues.
That's right in the middle of the city centre. It's a fully pedestrianised street with plenty of restaurants and other amenities.

Status
Not open for further replies.