• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

General Euros chatter

Although not dwelled upon, itv coverage earlier pointed the finger at Serbians for the trouble with the coppers earlier, only Serbs arrested allegedly.

On my way back from the stadium. Absolutely class, us England fans are on another level! Can’t start a fire 🔥 got given some beak from my mate Dazza and getting back to Cologne where we’re going to Europe’s largest brothel!

I think I may actually be bored of the Euros already. Everton have stolen all my joy and enthusiasm for football.
To be fair, the format is bloated and these matches are mere preliminaries to what happens in a fortnight. Once you go past 8 teams - where every match is seismic - then the importance of each game is diluted. England will be criticised for "only" beating Serbia 1-0 last night, but they did what they needed to do, get the points and move on. Nothing is decided for countries like England in the groups - other than position in the draw for the knockouts.

Tournaments are enjoyable, but the amount of truly top-class matches is negiligble these days as the format means that when the real heavyweights finally confront each other in a match that matters, one of them will be knocked out, further reducing the number of heavyweight clashes. When it was an 8-team tournament, pretty much every group game was a heavyweight clash of significance as you had to be a good side to even qualify. Now, we have all manner of detritus clogging up these finals. Let's hope for a decent knockout phase.

He was hardly going to be over the moon was he. Scotland scraped into the finals, and Germany are still a strong side. I expected the Scots to get battered and it happened.

Only two games today, 5pm & 8pm. Both BBC.
I did think that, his lot having been pumped and then expected to get excited about an awful Ingerlund game!
Tbf though - I’m not sure I’d be able to tell the difference if Scotland had won 5-0 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back