Getting a chinese player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Li Tie had a good first season here, he was a regular in the side that finished 7th wasn't he?

He had injury problems and struggled after that, a major injury from what I remember.

Li Tie was good until he broke his leg, lost all confidence to throw himself about and just stagnated.

The Chinese market's been tapped dry, the next logical move business-wise would be to find a quality player from India - their economy's on the up and up and if you take into account the number of people around the world of Indian heritage, they apparently outnumber the Chinese.

We've already got links to youth set-ups over there, hopefully something will come of it.

I did an Asian football report for Geography. When Everton signed Li Tie merchindise increased 87% from the Asian regions. (Around £7m).

The second season it fell a little bit by 20%.

I think it'll be a massive idea.

I did an Asian football report for Geography. When Everton signed Li Tie merchindise increased 87% from the Asian regions. (Around £7m).

The second season it fell a little bit by 20%.

I think it'll be a massive idea.

A lot of that may have been down to the Kejian sponsorship though, both deals started in 2002.

They were the ones that made sure that as many people as possible over there knew about us.

With a country that size, you would thing there is a star there somewhere. Though they dont seem to have produced even a decent player. Lie Tie was a shocking player, his control was....well he didnt have any :p

Status
Not open for further replies.