Glastonbury 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the "perspex screen in front of the drums" question ever get answered?

2 main reasons

1) The weather - strong swirling winds and heavy rain can play havoc with a drum set. Obviously there is a roof but as U2 found out if the weather gets bad there then the stage gets soaked anyway

2) Some drummers like the sound they are playing to reverberate back, it helps them keep rhythm. (Especially with such a large stage like that the sound goes out and they can barely hear what they are playing.)

amusing thread, lots of old boys who think great music is defined by middle class white men playing guitars.

Haha! That is me mate! But you will be the same one day. I cut my musical teeth on ACDC, Buzzcocks, Stranglers, Motorhead, Stray Cats, SLF, that sort of stuff.

But also love Kate Bush, Carpenters, FBS, tons of others. Cant stand Ed Sheeran though.

Haha! That is me mate! But you will be the same one day. I cut my musical teeth on ACDC, Buzzcocks, Stranglers, Motorhead, Stray Cats, SLF, that sort of stuff.

But also love Kate Bush, Carpenters, FBS, tons of others. Cant stand Ed Sheeran though.
My tastes go from 50's Rock and roll, to 60's Rock, some seventies, then more modern heavy metal.

I'd be at home in the 60s 70s tbh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back