Glastonbury 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article. Still didn't think his performance was all that and he's not a particularly good MC, whatever else he might be.

Would be interested to know what the general concensus is of all of Kanye West's live shows, aside from Glastonbury. Is he a good live act? I quite like some of his music but he's a music producer first and foremost in my mind - I wonder if he developed himself through the live circuit or through the studio.

Would be interested to know what the general concensus is of all of Kanye West's live shows, aside from Glastonbury. Is he a good live act? I quite like some of his music but he's a music producer first and foremost in my mind - I wonder if he developed himself through the live circuit or through the studio.
he doesn't even produce his own music, he has people for that. Most of his songs are either written by his 'team' or bought in from outside.

he doesn't even produce his own music, he has people for that. Most of his songs are either written by his 'team' or bought in from outside.

Well well, didn't know that. But he produced John Legend's first album, which is great, so he CAN produce good music, just not his own!

That's my view of him. Genius producer, should probably have never stepped up to the mic.

For me the first mistake he made at glasto was the stage set up....the lighting was ridiculous and to me it seemed like he was trying to make a music video rather than a festival gig....
Second was his attitude....he never engaged with the crowd, didn't thanked them for showing up, didn't make any light of the backlash against him....he was too cool for all that....he showed his ego, nothing else....

After that, his set list just wasn't strong enough to headline a festival...and he can't sing for sh1t so don't know why he even bothered....

Kanye headlining Glasto was just another sad example of how celebrity is more important than talent these days...

For me the first mistake he made at glasto was the stage set up....the lighting was ridiculous and to me it seemed like he was trying to make a music video rather than a festival gig....
Second was his attitude....he never engaged with the crowd, didn't thanked them for showing up, didn't make any light of the backlash against him....he was too cool for all that....he showed his ego, nothing else....

After that, his set list just wasn't strong enough to headline a festival...and he can't sing for sh1t so don't know why he even bothered....

Kanye headlining Glasto was just another sad example of how celebrity is more important than talent these days...

Age old argument here, but why should you have to thank the crowd and participate which them? Does everyone want to hear that they are the best crowd ever each time? Personally, unless an artist has something good to say, i don't really care. Look at Bob Dylan.

Pretty sure his stage was set up because of the backlash against he, on his own. If he did shout about the backlash, he would have looked arrogant to some other people so you can't win.

If anyone never saw sunset sons on the john peel they missed out, put on a great show and can see them on other stage in a year or 2 maybe even pyramid

If anyone never saw sunset sons on the john peel they missed out, put on a great show and can see them on other stage in a year or 2 maybe even pyramid

Absolutely. We've got them playing Boardmasters and we're trying to establish a family connection with them so they headline in a few years before anywhere else. Great band.

Sleaford Mods were alright. Only watched it on telly, but they stood out for me, and Future Islands not bad.

I don't get this Sleaford Mods lot. Are they trying to be the new Sex Pistols? They sound dreadful from what I've heard.
I thought they sounded a bit cack at first, but after a while started to like it. I was drinking a few ales though. I agree they are no Sex Pistols, but I could be wrong.........I could be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back