• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Goal difference or Head to Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands...

GER v. DEN
ESP v. GEO
POR v. SLV
FRA v. BEL

ROM v. NED
AUT v. TUR
ENG v. SLK
SUI v. ITA

While the top half looks stacked, I think we need to start looking at this tournament in a different way. None of the favourites - with the possible exception of Spain - are playing all that well. At this stage, I think it's every game on its own merits. I definitely wouldn't call the bottom half of the draw. I mean, would you really have confidence in, say, Holland beating Romania? I wouldn't. Similarly, Austria-Turkey looks like the Hapsburgs v. The Ottomans. I'm not calling that. The Swiss look a better side than the Italians, but would you completely dismiss Italy? Probably not.

I wonder would Georgia be ignorant enough to actually take on Spain and run at them. I don't see why not based on the evidence to date. France and Belgium is a toss up between two sides with bad attitudes. I think the Belgians, in particular, stink. So I'll take France to win that. Portugal lost a lot of credibility tonight. Denmark will raise their game for Germany. Anyone's title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back