Goalscorers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Blue Jersey

Player Valuation: £35m
I think that what will make us exciting, should they (hopefully) remain at the club and fit, is our ability to produce a goal from nowhere thanks to 3 quality players - Johnson, Arteta and Cahill. Look at the clubs around us. Perhaps they have one or two, at best, quality goalscorers - Middlesbrough's Viduka, Reading's Doyle, Spur's Keane and maybe Berbatov on his day, Bolton's Anelka, Arsenal's Henry.

We however, especially in Cahill and Johnson, have the ability to score goals through moments of sheer magic. Hopefully, should we build on our midfield creativity (the likes of Fernandes, another centre mid and definately left winger) then our goalscoring prowess will only increase. That will be vital in our charge for Europe.

Last edited:
Young vaghan might a fifteen goal a season man too R.B.J. in his two sarts he scored one and hit the bar twice! has though lacked composure at times but that expeirence right?

Its funny in the last two games i thought A.J. hasnt looked as dangerous as he does playing by himself hes been out in the cahnnels an awfull lot, but [Poor language removed] did you see the quality of the cross he put in against fulham!

It is looking good. AJ, Cahill and Arteta each look capable of getting 10+ per season. If Vaughan or Anichebe (or new wonder winger :D ) can join them then we really would be going places as the defense is pretty darn solid.

You are all forgetting that the under 15's won the national title and are off to the European Champ's in June/July. Bloody hell we should sack that useless [Poor language removed] Moyes he gets nothing right does he :P :P :P :P :P :P

sign fernandes, then go cap in hand to the bank and get enough wonga to prize gamst pedersen from blackburn.

quality not quantity, we dont need journeymen, we need to tweak the first eleven - a quality left footer would really compliment the midfield.

sign fernandes, then go cap in hand to the bank and get enough wonga to prize gamst pedersen from blackburn.

quality not quantity, we dont need journeymen, we need to tweak the first eleven - a quality left footer would really compliment the midfield.

I'd go with that Suits because our present squad can only get better, to do so it means the bench for Ossie I'm afraid. He's an honest lad but has struggled when bullied this term, to light in frame and heart unfortunately but still a good squad man

with enough class in midfield we could carry him, he could be used to step in across the midfield regularly, he has shown he can be more of a passing advanced midfielder which is different from the cahill advanced midfielder role.

Cahill, Arteta and AJ are vital.

If we didnt have them we would not be where we are.

But we need some extra class, thats why its defo we should purchase Manny.

Cahill, Arteta and AJ are vital.

If we didnt have them we would not be where we are.

But we need some extra class, thats why its defo we should purchase Manny.

Here's a question for you all, how vital is Timmy, not as much as I thought he'd be based on results:dodgy: If the right offer came could we afford to sell him, just a thought, I'm not saying that we should but could we afford to?:cool:

we know he performs, he also scores vital goals, and does the 'attack dog' job better than any other player we have (he shades cars because he is quicker and better in the air - sorry super, if i could knock 5 years off you i would mate)

im back on my M.G.P soap box, a quality left foot addition as well as manny would make our midfield roar like a V8, we know johnno can finish when he is provided for, so far the majority of his service comes from arteta on the right and occasionally when hes on the left, imagine 2 artetas, suddenly the vision and passing capability looks more than twice as good because we could stretch play and expose weaker individuals in opposition defences.

heres a hypothetical, imagine man-ure for the last decade without ryan giggs.

Cahill will be a dilemma next season as we all know he plays best in a 5 man midfield. If we got a decent winger, plus say Flamini what bets a Arteta - Flamini - Fernandes - Winger midfield?

Going back on topic and away from the midfield debate (as interesting as it is) has the rise of vaughan and anichebe scuppered any move for Nugent?

I don't think so Rob, Nugent is more of a AJ type player and would certainly give him competition and dare I say it be an improvement on the present incumbent:shock: :shock: . (Don's flak jacket and jumps into fox hole):blink: :blink:

True monty, but is there room for 4 strikers all wanting first team football? surely if we buy nugent he has to start with AJ leaving vaughan and anichebe on the bench, and in his current form leaving vaughan on the bench is unthinkable.. and anichebe scored last time out too.

then again, better to have nugent than lame duck BT!

True monty, but is there room for 4 strikers all wanting first team football? surely if we buy nugent he has to start with AJ leaving vaughan and anichebe on the bench, and in his current form leaving vaughan on the bench is unthinkable.. and anichebe scored last time out too.

then again, better to have nugent than lame duck BT!

Sorry but better to have a blind one legged donkey than BT at present and he is better than the other tosser VDM. Isn't it strange that although we have a small squad which includes the likes of Nace, Pistone, BT, VDM and Wrongy people worry about where players will fit in if they come here.................don't hear that at the [Poor language removed], Manure, Spurs, Gunners they always say improve the squad. In all honesty it is a further tribute to DM at the level of inspiration he gets from his players as competition has been lacking in our squad.(y) (y) (y) (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back