Goalscorers

Status
Not open for further replies.
True monty, but is there room for 4 strikers all wanting first team football? surely if we buy nugent he has to start with AJ leaving vaughan and anichebe on the bench, and in his current form leaving vaughan on the bench is unthinkable.. and anichebe scored last time out too.

then again, better to have nugent than lame duck BT!

I think we have to be realisic with the young lads. Their both going to be good prem players but realisticly over the next 2 - 3 seasons their form is going to be up and down its the same for any young player (even master rooney/ronaldo). So with that in mind i dont think eiither will be first choice week in-week out for a couple of seasons. If im wrong ill be delighted. With this in mind i think there is room in squad for Nugent.

For me as i have said a few times Mc Fads a winger always has been always will be.

Beatie i think he will go (feel sorry for the lad).

So for me that would be our four strikeing options next season.

What i would prefer as i have said in a few treads would be to keep beatie (ducks for cover) sign nugent, keep aj, and loan vic and vaughan, one before christmas, one after (ducks for cover again). Result four strikers for the season.

Last edited:
MGP is a player we need definetley. Flamini or Fletcher? Id like to see Smith personally, but out of those two would you rather them or Ossie? Cahill will be all good, just stick him on the park.

I would love to see us buy buy and buy just like what chelsea did. But realistically, we are not rich. And we are very well covered in striking department. AJ, vaughan, anichebe, BT and faddy. That's 5 people fighting for 2 slots, sometimes only a slot depending on how moyes play his game.

Unless we let BT and faddy go, I don't think getting another striker in makes any sense. Unless we are expecting to play 60 over games next season.

What worries me is our midfield. If arteta is out for few weeks or mths, who else will step in to create? NOBODY! You guys obviously forgotten how pathetic we played when arteta is not in the side.

Agreed. BT will go, but that leaves us with 4 strikers and I'm pretty happy with them. Faddy was excellent today. We need midfield reinforcements, specially as Europe is now all but assured (7th place gets UEFA Cup slot). Also need an extra central defender in the squad.

I would love to see us buy buy and buy just like what chelsea did. But realistically, we are not rich. And we are very well covered in striking department. AJ, vaughan, anichebe, BT and faddy. That's 5 people fighting for 2 slots, sometimes only a slot depending on how moyes play his game.

Unless we let BT and faddy go, I don't think getting another striker in makes any sense. Unless we are expecting to play 60 over games next season.

What worries me is our midfield. If arteta is out for few weeks or mths, who else will step in to create? NOBODY! You guys obviously forgotten how pathetic we played when arteta is not in the side.

get done.

dont wanna let Faddy go anymore do ya? :P

get done.

dont wanna let Faddy go anymore do ya? :P

Nugent or faddy?
Nugent for me even though faddy scored a stunner today.
Sorry he just didn't convince me enough during his 3 years at everton. Was hoping that someone else given a chance, same goes to BT. Thank god we had Vaughan and Anichebe.
I'm fine even if we don't get Nugent.
My point is, we don't need to spend so much wages in keeping so many backup strikers. I'd rather we spend the money on Fernandes.

i agree in part, beatts is set for pastures new, and i hold no grudge, mcfadden has threatened to bring his international form to the club for a long time, and sometimes shows glimpses of real true utter quality, im not sure if its his brain, stamina or strength, but something seems to hold him back.

looking at vaughan and anichebe, i am a little worried, what would we have done without a couple of decent prospects in the under 17's?

is this how everton look to continue? to rely on the kids??? i know damn well it cant last, i hope and wish it could but common sense says even the best have a bad time now and again.

sign manny, because he is class and relieves the burden from mikel

push the boat out for MGP (blackburns MOTM today) and releive manny and arteta of pressure again.

we really are close to that superb starting eleven, so close its starting to hurt, please let it happen.

i agree in part, beatts is set for pastures new, and i hold no grudge, mcfadden has threatened to bring his international form to the club for a long time, and sometimes shows glimpses of real true utter quality, im not sure if its his brain, stamina or strength, but something seems to hold him back.

looking at vaughan and anichebe, i am a little worried, what would we have done without a couple of decent prospects in the under 17's?

is this how everton look to continue? to rely on the kids??? i know damn well it cant last, i hope and wish it could but common sense says even the best have a bad time now and again.

sign manny, because he is class and relieves the burden from mikel

push the boat out for MGP (blackburns MOTM today) and releive manny and arteta of pressure again.

we really are close to that superb starting eleven, so close its starting to hurt, please let it happen.

He was special in the semi-final, wasn't he. You could easily have believed there were 2 of him out there.

he has ability, imagine how good he could be with the class of mikel and manny with him in midfield instead of dunn (shadow of the player i saw hugo viana run rings around euro u21's) mokoena ([Poor language removed]) bentley (respectable)

good solid left footer, it really would make us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back