Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I have some time, I will asses the transfer business we have done during the season, I will give each player a weighted figure based on what I think they currently bring or the potential I feel they can bring if they havent got enough games.

GK
Robles 2
Stek 2
Pickford 5

Without question we improved the GK area.

RB
Coleman 5
JJK 3
Martina 2

Personally im not yet totally convinced by JJK, hes defo no Coleman, the RB spot is pretty much as it was, Coleman remains by far our best RB, so no change.

LB
Baines 3

Not even gonna bother ere.

CB
Williams 3
Jags 3
Keane 3
Mori 1
Mangala 2
Holgate 4

We have potentially improved the CB area, provided Keane kicks on from last night and Mangala can improve on being the utter crapper ive watched so far for City.

DM/CM/AM
Rooney 3
Morgan 1
Gana 4
Jamo RIP
TomTom 3
Iceland 4
Klaassen 5

An area in which we have lost Gaz Baz, Barks and Besic, the midfield has without question NOT been improved

Wingers
Walcott 5
Vlasic 2
Bolasie 2

The addition of Walcott means we have improved the wing area.

Strikers
Tosun 3
Niasse 0
DCL 2

A massive downgrade in the Striking options.

All in all, despite spending over 300m, we have managed to improve only 1 real area, GK, the other areas have seen minor improvements, but on the main we have regressed.

Please sack Steve Walsh.

Did we loan anyone last season? I was thinking this season was going to be the first season that I could remember where we didn't loan anyone... And then we got someone on loan in the final hour of the Jan window.

Then I couldn't remember if we actually loaned anyone last season... Wait, enner valencia?!

Fairly happy with Mangala tbh, think he'll do alright but we now have 6 center backs! Add that to 3 keepers and 5 full backs, that's overstocked.

And somehow we've ended up with just three wide midfielders! We got rid of lennon, mirallas, lookman and Sandro as well as another attacker in barkley. If we include onyekuru we have 5 wingers on loan, its crazy! To go with three left backs on loan when we had none in the first team, there does seem a massive lack of planning.

Seems I have some time, I will asses the transfer business we have done during the season, I will give each player a weighted figure based on what I think they currently bring or the potential I feel they can bring if they havent got enough games.

GK
Robles 2
Stek 2
Pickford 5

Without question we improved the GK area.

RB
Coleman 5
JJK 3
Martina 2

Personally im not yet totally convinced by JJK, hes defo no Coleman, the RB spot is pretty much as it was, Coleman remains by far our best RB, so no change.

LB
Baines 3

Not even gonna bother ere.

CB
Williams 3
Jags 3
Keane 3
Mori 1
Mangala 2
Holgate 4

We have potentially improved the CB area, provided Keane kicks on from last night and Mangala can improve on being the utter crapper ive watched so far for City.

DM/CM/AM
Rooney 3
Morgan 1
Gana 4
Jamo RIP
TomTom 3
Iceland 4
Klaassen 5

An area in which we have lost Gaz Baz, Barks and Besic, the midfield has without question NOT been improved

Wingers
Walcott 5
Vlasic 2
Bolasie 2

The addition of Walcott means we have improved the wing area.

Strikers
Tosun 3
Niasse 0
DCL 2

A massive downgrade in the Striking options.

All in all, despite spending over 300m, we have managed to improve only 1 real area, GK, the other areas have seen minor improvements, but on the main we have regressed.

Please sack Steve Walsh:D.
How you given niasse 0 @MoutsGoat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back