Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think Brands is counting Mateusz Hewelt as one of the "38" he mentioned in his first press conference? I guess he's the 3rd choice keeper now with Robles gone, and they do have him listed on the first team squad list on the official site.

Lots of Irish players count as home grown so I don't see how a Scottish one doesn't. Is he not still 21 anyway?

It depends if the Irish fella played for an English team before the age of 21.

I should be clear, its not cos hes Scottish he cant get homegrown status, its the thing I will post below, for example, Lukaku, Pogba and Cesc all have HG status.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Do you think Brands is counting Mateusz Hewelt as one of the "38" he mentioned in his first press conference? I guess he's the 3rd choice keeper now with Robles gone, and they do have him listed on the first team squad list on the official site.

I dont know mate, seems unlikely, but I guess we find out soon.

It depends if the Irish fella played for an English team before the age of 21.

I should be clear, its not cos hes Scottish he cant get homegrown status, its the thing I will post below, for example, Lukaku, Pogba and Cesc all have HG status.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

I dont know mate, seems unlikely, but I guess we find out soon.

Ah right fair enough. Thought being 21 meant he would be ok.

Seems ridiculous tho that someone born in the UK isn't homegrown for a UK football team. It would be like having to get a visa to go work in Cardiff. Weird.

Ah right fair enough. Thought being 21 meant he would be ok.

Seems ridiculous tho that someone born in the UK isn't homegrown for a UK football team. It would be like having to get a visa to go work in Cardiff. Weird.

Well it was done to help the English National team, why Wales gegged in I dunno and IMO its a stupid rule, theres ways around it and it just means that the English players have an unworthy premium attached.

Home-grown and Trained at Club are different.

Home-grown can be any nationality as long as they have been at the club before their 17th birthday and have been at the club or in England for 2 years after this (or something - can't be arsed searching). Trained at club is different again

Don't some of those lads count as U23s therefore bringing that squad number down a bit, albeit on a technicality. If that's the case then you'd assume that if the likes of Williams, Bolasie and Mirallas left then we could see a LB and CB come in and go with what we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back