Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps because he is an absolute donkey...or perhaps because he's a crab....

You decide.

Schneiderlin can be replaced by Davies, Baningime or Gomes...even Sigurdsson and Dowell by tweaking the system...

Better than playing with 10

Sandro is pointless + Niasse wont be here long...just a matter of time and i dont mind him

None of those players can replace Morgan.

I get that you dont like him, hell hes defo not my favourite player, but until hes replaced, he stays, Beni isnt a replacement, hes a young lad with potential, but until he proves it, hes not a first 11 player.

That might change in Jan, so we take a look then.

Galloway
Browning
Pennington
Sandro
Bolasie
Niasse
McCarthy
Schneiderlin

All need punting...
You're just being silly now Zat. Sorry mate.

The first 5 names I agree with and I'm sure we'll see at least 3/4 of them go. Maybe all of them. (all on loan)

Beyond that, McCarthy for one is injured. Nobody will even look at him until they've seen some evidence of how he comes back from his broken leg. His game is all about tackling. If his mind set isn't right nobody will want him.

It's too late to do anything with Schneids. We only have Gana and Beni as DMs, and one of those is injured. Plus they are different types of DMs that have a different skill set to Schneids. Until we bring in a better version he's going nowhere.

Niasse isn't either. He's effective from the bench against tiring legs and will get us goals. he has a part to play this season. Plus if he did go, we'd only have 2 recognised strikers at the cub which would be a nightmare if 1 get's injured. Yes, it's possible that Riki or Theo could play up top, but you're then reducing your options elsewhere should we have a number of injuries.

if we got rid of all those players, we would only have a squad of 24 which would include 3 keepers. That's not enough Zat

Think that squad is a good size now, it's 28 and arguably 26/27 dependant on whether benni and dowell actually count as first team now. I mean i know they do, but will they actually play much this season? Not sure.

Hopefully we could assess the centre mid options in jan as we have too much quantity and not a lot of quality, maybe mccarthy can get a few games and put himself in the shop window, if not jan, then the summer at the latest, same for besic and maybe schneiderlin if he goes back to crap. Replacing them 3 witha proper top class box-to-box to play with gueye, gomes, davies and maybe siggurdsson will be enough options for the two spots until the end of the season imo.

Totally agree, but you need to add Sandro to the list, but regardless this is about this current window and for now SniderRat, Niasse stay for sure.

Not convinced we REALLY need Sandro this season, but we will see.
Not particularly bothered about Sandro could be good back up for RW and Striker but if needed I’d prefer to shift Walcott up front after tosun, Niasse DCL in that order and Walcott, Bernard, Lookman for the right as far as depth order goes

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 20
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Pennington(TBC), Bolasie(TBC), Dowell(TBC), Baningime(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC)

Is there any tactical analysis in this thread? I want to see thoughts on Marco's defensive 442, with Tosun and Gylfi up top, but I can't be arsed digging through all the other threads.

Is there any tactical analysis in this thread? I want to see thoughts on Marco's defensive 442, with Tosun and Gylfi up top, but I can't be arsed digging through all the other threads.

Early days yet, I mean Silva said he wanted to play 4-3-3, yet hes mostly played 4-2-3-1, not a massive difference between the 2 in fairness, but this isnt a tactical analysis thread, its a squad thread.

For this season we will probably mostly stick with the 4-2-3-1, at least until he can get a number 6 hes comfortable with.

Be interesting to see how we evolve in time tho, I mean hes got to try and fit Gomes and Iceland into a team yet, you would assume he would want both playing, maybe if Gomes is what I hope he is he might try the 4-3-3, with Iceland and Gomes as the 8s, maybe Gana as the 6.

But as I say early days and we do have options all over the pitch, I for 1 am very pleased with the squad make up, of course we could do with more quality in certain areas, but at least we have depth in some areas and when everybody is fit we should have people able to come off the bench to change games.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 20
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Pennington(TBC), Bolasie(TBC), Dowell(TBC), Baningime(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC)
Get a life you massive virgin.

You're just being silly now Zat. Sorry mate.

The first 5 names I agree with and I'm sure we'll see at least 3/4 of them go. Maybe all of them. (all on loan)

Beyond that, McCarthy for one is injured. Nobody will even look at him until they've seen some evidence of how he comes back from his broken leg. His game is all about tackling. If his mind set isn't right nobody will want him.

It's too late to do anything with Schneids. We only have Gana and Beni as DMs, and one of those is injured. Plus they are different types of DMs that have a different skill set to Schneids. Until we bring in a better version he's going nowhere.

Niasse isn't either. He's effective from the bench against tiring legs and will get us goals. he has a part to play this season. Plus if he did go, we'd only have 2 recognised strikers at the cub which would be a nightmare if 1 get's injured. Yes, it's possible that Riki or Theo could play up top, but you're then reducing your options elsewhere should we have a number of injuries.

if we got rid of all those players, we would only have a squad of 24 which would include 3 keepers. That's not enough Zat

Perhaps not for now...but those are the players who will be moved on before the beginning of next season at the latest...i cant see any being wanted here if bids came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back