Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take a look before January.

But its my squad list, I'm not saying that to be a penis, I know we didn't name Bolaise and Besic for example, but for me, they are still part of the squad, so I will probably still name them. Virginia is probably a different matter, not writing him off, but his chances of making it here and being considered a first-team player are slim at best at this point.

I dunno, I think I like to see a long list then watch as it shrinks during the window, I like lists, its an illness.

I like lists which is probably why I like this thread. I like the way you set it out I just wanted to see it as an actual likely squad. I don't think you are being a penis. I thought you might have done it as an available squad now and then re added them in January in the hope of getting rid.

I like lists which is probably why I like this thread. I like the way you set it out I just wanted to see it as an actual likely squad. I don't think you are being a penis. I thought you might have done it as an available squad now and then re added them in January in the hope of getting rid.
Just for you then.

Manager : Carlo Ancelotti

GK

Jordan Pickford
Robin Olsen
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Mid
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies
Fabian Delph

Widers
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Bernard
Alex Iwobi
Anthony Gordon

ST
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Cenk Tosun

Total players 26.

Brands and Ancelotti have done an excellent job. I'm hoping it will be completed by the end of next summer when hopefully we will have Champions League to consider as well. Every position has a decent back up with maybe the exception of Right Forward but if James stays fit we won't need it.

GK

Jordan Pickford (HG)
Robin Olsen
João Virginia (UA)
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Mid
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić

Widers
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)
Yannick Bolasie

ST
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 29

Players culled so far:12

Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg(OOC), Martina(OOC), Garbutt(OOC), Feeney(OOC), Niasse(OOC), Baines(Retired), Dowell, Gibson(loan), Kean(loan), Walcott(Loan), Sandro //

Players purchased so far: 6
Nkounkou, Allan, Hamez, Doucoure, Godfrey, Olsen //

Non-HG players: 15
Homegrown players: 10
UnderAge players:4

Max 17 Non-HG players in 25 man squad, UnderAge players aren't included in 25 man squads.

marcel.jpg

GK

Jordan Pickford (HG)
Robin Olsen
João Virginia (UA)
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Mid
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić

Widers
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)
Yannick Bolasie

ST
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 29

Players culled so far:12

Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg(OOC), Martina(OOC), Garbutt(OOC), Feeney(OOC), Niasse(OOC), Baines(Retired), Dowell, Gibson(loan), Kean(loan), Walcott(Loan), Sandro //

UnderAge players:4

Max 17 Non-HG players in 25 man squad, UnderAge players aren't included in 25 man squads.

marcel.jpg
A true reflection of who we actually have available to play in matches would remove Virginia, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Kenny, Besic, Gordon and Bolasie off the list because barring a disastrous number of players being unavailable he's not using them.

That leaves 19 outfield players and 3 GKs. We might want to sell Bernard but can we afford too?

A true reflection of who we actually have available to play in matches would remove Virginia, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Kenny, Besic, Gordon and Bolasie off the list because barring a disastrous number of players being unavailable he's not using them.

That leaves 19 outfield players and 3 GKs. We might want to sell Bernard but can we afford too?
You want that list then.

I won't be removing all the players you mentioned, cos they are very much part of the squad.

I think we can afford to let Bernie go, if we don't replace him at the least it moves Gordon up a place and maybe he can get on the pitch more.

From the above list I personally think we could loan JB, get rid of Delph and Bernie, without hurting the squad, as such.

Selling a perma crocked Delph will be very difficult tho. Of course if Tosun is moved on he would certainly need replacing and anybody else would need like for like replaced.

As I keep saying, numbers wise the squad is fine, quality wise it's not great in some areas, but Winter windows are not the best.

Expecting a pretty quiet window myself.

You want that list then.

I won't be removing all the players you mentioned, cos they are very much part of the squad.

I think we can afford to let Bernie go, if we don't replace him at the least it moves Gordon up a place and maybe he can get on the pitch more.

From the above list I personally think we could loan JB, get rid of Delph and Bernie, without hurting the squad, as such.

Selling a perma crocked Delph will be very difficult tho. Of course if Tosun is moved on he would certainly need replacing and anybody else would need like for like replaced.

As I keep saying, numbers wise the squad is fine, quality wise it's not great in some areas, but Winter windows are not the best.

I'm not going to get all bothered if we do nothing. I always post in the January Transfer thread like it is just for future transfers generally because I expect little in January.

You want that list then.

I agree with that, it is a shame that the winter window is such a difficult one to bring in decent players as we haven’t had a good a chance as we have now to finish in the top 6, for a very long time.

However, I think we will fall short due to the lack of quality we have away from the starting XI.

I agree with that, it is a shame that the winter window is such a difficult one to bring in decent players as we haven’t had a good a chance as we have now to finish in the top 6, for a very long time.

However, I think we will fall short due to the lack of quality we have away from the starting XI.
I think that’s likely now that Utd and City are starting to look ominous. We’re a couple of top quality players away still. Plus replacing some of the deadwood with better squad options.

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Robin Olsen
João Virginia (UA)
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)

Mid
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić

Widers
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)
Yannick Bolasie

ST
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 28

Players culled so far:13
Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg(OOC), Martina(OOC), Garbutt(OOC), Feeney(OOC), Niasse(OOC), Baines(Retired), Dowell, Gibson(loan), Kean(loan), Walcott(Loan), Sandro // Branthwaite(loan)

UnderAge players:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back