Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Player Valuation: £380m
Hello and welcome, its that time of year again, maybe, who knows.

This isnt a transfer speculation thread, its a squad improvement thread or rather to discuss which areas we feel need improvement and then during the window or whatever we have this summer, to see how and if the squad evolves over the Summer or Autumn, depending on what happens.

Players out of contract will be added and removed when contracts expire, again, whenever that is. I will include players that I personally consider first-team players, some might not totally fit that title, but they are there, for now.

For now it will just be the squad list, but over the next few days I will do analysis on areas I feel need improvement.

Manager : Carlo Ancelotti

GK

Jordan Pickford
João Virginia
Maarten Stekelenburg
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Cuco Martina

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Lewis Gibson
Matthew Pennington
Morgan Feeney

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies
Fabian Delph
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell
Beni Baningime
Callum Connolly

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Alex Iwobi
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie
Josh Bowler

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez

Total players: 38

Players culled so far: 0

Players purchased so far: 0

Analysis will follow, homegrown players and out of contract players will be highlighted at a later date.

Manager : Carlo Ancelotti

GK

Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia
Maarten Stekelenburg *
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines *(HG)
Luke Garbutt * (HG)
Cuco Martina *

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Lewis Gibson
Matthew Pennington (HG)
Morgan Feeney *

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies
Fabian Delph (HG)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie
Josh Bowler

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse *
Sandro Ramírez

Total players: 38

Players culled so far: 0

Players purchased so far: 0

Homegrown players: 16

Players with an Asterix contracts are due to expire 30.06.2020

Which would leave us the following squad, minus the youth players :

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies
Fabian Delph (HG)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)
Muhamed Bešić

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Sandro Ramírez

GK
Pickford has his doubters, I think hes alright, prone to a whoopsie, Lossl is unlikely to return which means we could do with at least another Keeper to push Pickford for a place.

RB
I personally think we need a RB, Sidney just seemed to be getting worse, im not totally convinced JJK is the answer and Coleman is most defo not getting any younger.

LB
Do we retain Baines again or do we spend some of our limited funds an a back up to Digne, who hasnt hit the massive heights of last season, but has still shown his class for me.

CB
We need a CB.

CM
Despite the numbers there is not a great deal of quality here and we really need to try and buy somebody of real quality.

Widers
Crying out for a right-winger, Walcott is not the answer. Little Bernie was bright at times and scored a few goals, together with Iwobi they will probably play on the left, questions to be answered regarding both so far.

ST
The 1 area im most happy with, ideally we shift Tosun and Sandro, but 1 is injured and the other is a joke.

1 GK
1 RB
1 LB?
1 CB
1 CM
1 RW

Lot of work to be done.

I'd be happy with us making do at right back to save funds and time on pretty much every other area, I reckon we probably need two centre backs mainly because I want us to get rid of Keane.

We really need to shift schneiderlin, besic, Bolasie, tosun, ssndro and siggurdsson as well, but that will be tough.

Doing all that would pay for a striker on top of everything you say, which I feel we do need, mainly because we want to play two up top and 3 isn't enough. But we go all out if we do, no more half arsed niasse or tosun like signings.

I'd be happy with us making do at right back to save funds and time on pretty much every other area, I reckon we probably need two centre backs mainly because I want us to get rid of Keane.

We really need to shift schneiderlin, besic, Bolasie, tosun, ssndro and siggurdsson as well, but that will be tough.

Doing all that would pay for a striker on top of everything you say, which I feel we do need, mainly because we want to play two up top and 3 isn't enough. But we go all out if we do, no more half arsed niasse or tosun like signings.

Out of our goals conceded this season the errors are far more likely to come out of Sidibe/Coleman than Holgate/Mina/Keane so not sure why anyone would ignore right-back over signing more centre-backs. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back