Goodison Park-Best seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

germanblue

Player Valuation: £6m
My mate and I planned a trip to Goodison for the first time against Villa in november.
But we're unsure for which stand we should go for.

Where are the best seats? I would prefer Main Stand or upper bullens.

Hope to get some good advices from you.

My mate and I planned a trip to Goodison for the first time against Villa in november.

I've always liked the Park End, you're guaranteed a good view. If you prefer to be on the side rather than behind the goal then both the Main Stand and Upper Bullens are good but make sure you book early because both have obstructed views. I would probably ring the club and speak to someone who can give you advice because you can be sat behind a post in the Main Stand or Bullens and it won't be classed as obstructed on the website.

You are thinking about the correct stands but you are going to struggle to get unobstructed views I reckon. You might want to consider the Top Balcony? Great view, better chance of unobstructed view and even the obstructed ones aren't that bad. You're up in the clouds so you can feel a bit detached from the game, cracking view though, one of the best for observing football.

Avoid the back of the Lower Gwladys Street and Lower Bullens. You sit under the stand above and it's like looking through a letterbox. Until the fans stand up, that is, when there's no view at all.

There are columns in all the stands except the Park End. Many seats are classed as Obstructed View, often when one - or both - of the goals cannot be seen.

Upper Bullens is great for views, as is the top balcony, but the Top Balcony is considered by some a bit far away and can be cold on a windy day if you're near the front.

I would get Foreverton memebership either way.
Not that you'll struggle to get tickets for Villa, but the extra couple of days of priority will mean you can get better seats and definitely get two next to each other.
Also (because I'm guessing you're coming over from Germany) get: "Pre-paid worldwide delivery code for evertondirect.com for 15/16 season" + "Selected home match ticket discount vouchers". These might be handy but I don't know if Villa will be one of the discounted matches.

Park End (PE5) about half way up. Great veiw of whole pitch and beide the away fans for the banter. Some craic seen at lesat 5 or 6 everton fans getting thrown out for mouthing off :)

Upper Bullens is great for views, as is the top balcony, but the Top Balcony is considered by some a bit far away and can be cold on a windy day if you're near the front.

I would get Foreverton memebership either way.
Not that you'll struggle to get tickets for Villa, but the extra couple of days of priority will mean you can get better seats and definitely get two next to each other.
Also (because I'm guessing you're coming over from Germany) get: "Pre-paid worldwide delivery code for evertondirect.com for 15/16 season" + "Selected home match ticket discount vouchers". These might be handy but I don't know if Villa will be one of the discounted matches.
My mate and I ordered the Foreverton membership last week. We get a cheap flight from Berlin as well!
Upper bullens, Main Stand or upper Gwladys are our preferd stands. Can´t wait till the day the priotity sale starts and can´t wait for the day we´re finally at Goodison!

My mate and I ordered the Foreverton membership last week. We get a cheap flight from Berlin as well!
Upper bullens, Main Stand or upper Gwladys are our preferd stands. Can´t wait till the day the priotity sale starts and can´t wait for the day we´re finally at Goodison!
Whichever stand you pick I hope you have a brilliant first game, and a win to celebrate with a few beers! :pint2:

Keep an eye out for the Upper Bullens - sometimes you can pick up some front row (or nearly) seats. I was over for the Villa game a couple of years ago and the visitors' section was released back onto sale for us because of poor take-up from Villa. But I usually prefer UB nearer the Gwladys St.

Hi all - hope its ok to join this thread ... I have similar question to germanblue ...

we are group of 6 hoping to come to Everton v Chelsea in September (one blue others **neutral ...) Do we need to be club members ? or can we just buy tickets as members of the public so to speak. Not really bothered where we sit so will read advice above.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

**Absolutely not Chelsea fans btw.

Avoid the back of the Lower Gwladys Street and Lower Bullens. You sit under the stand above and it's like looking through a letterbox. Until the fans stand up, that is, when there's no view at all.

There are columns in all the stands except the Park End. Many seats are classed as Obstructed View, often when one - or both - of the goals cannot be seen.

Booo, they're my favourites. Back of the Lower Gwladys St, followed by the back of the Lower Bullens, Upper Bullens is great too.

Goodison is a very interesting stadium, you cannot do it justice in one visit. There's so many variations in each stand. While the Park End is the most boring like all the other stands in grounds in the rest of the country, you get the view of the beauty of the the view of the rest of the stadium, so even that has a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.