Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but the silhouette graphics on the banners are being taken from Everton's own in house honours graphics prevalent on the club website. That's where they've come from.

People can be pedantics about it, but ultimately it represents a trophy we won.

We won the league 9 times, but on one of the occasions (1985) we were only presented with the Canon league title trophy and not the football league championship trophy that we would receive in 1987.

Because of that, do we say we only won the league 8 times because of that? Of course not.

Likewise, even though we never received that trophy per se for winning the 1931 Division 2 title, it still represents the 1931 title win.
Pedants

:p

Fair enough, but the silhouette graphics on the banners are being taken from Everton's own in house honours graphics prevalent on the club website. That's where they've come from.

We won the league 9 times, but on one of the occasions (1985) we were only presented with the Canon league title trophy and not the football league championship trophy that we would receive in 1987.

Because of that, do we say we only won the league 8 times because of that? Of course not.

Likewise, even though we never received that trophy per se for winning the 1931 Division 2 title, it still represents the 1931 title win.

It's the wrong trophy, we could have the WWF tag team belts on it and say it represents the 1931 title win.

It's wrong.

I'm glad we've reached a point where it's essentially irrelevant.

I'm sure it will was posted recently that Mike Treblicock was the first black player to win the FA cup.
Also the first black player to score in a FA cup final.

Albert Johanneson of Leeds is credited as being the first black player to play in an FA cup final which was 1965 v the RS so I guess it follows on that Mike Trebilcock was both the first black to score in an FA cup final and collect a winners medal,quite a proud record to behold and an important little bit of history I'm sure you would agree.

In that case why not have the Premier League trophy silhouette if its simply about representation ?

It's the wrong trophy, we could have the WWF tag team belts on it and say it represents the 1931 title win.

It's wrong.

The WWF tag team belts aren't used to represent the Division 2 league win now, whereas that trophy is.

It really isn't that big a deal, it's an unidentified silhouette in the background of massive colourful photos of former players.

People need to get a life if they're so bothered about that.

That's a sensible comparison

Actually a sensible comparison would be using the Canon league trophy to represent our 9 league title wins when that trophy was actually only used for 1 of the 9 league title wins.

In that case why not have the Premier League trophy silhouette if its simply about representation ?

Because the Premier League is a different competition under a different governing body.

In 1992 we actively left the Football League along with 21 other clubs to join the Football Association's Premier League.

The Football League and the Football Association are two different organisations.

Last edited:

Actually I meant 'pendantic'. I erroneously wrote 'pendantics', placing an 's' on the end. I meant the adjective 'pendantic', not the noun 'pedants' that you suggested. My bad.
Oh, I see. Like an actual pendant...

il_340x270.290421400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back