Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know what needs to be done to mount a single sheet of cladding. Cos really, it looks like the sort of job that ought to take an 8 man team a day, maybe 2 days max. Lift it into place, bolt it on, move to the next one. Or am I being massively naive?

If you where cladding onto a council block or something I recon it'd take about 2/3 weeks.. In this case, the rails that hold the cladding segments are basically being attached to a shed, and the fixings would have to be quite substantial to hold the cladding that badge on..

There must be a fair bit of structural work going on in order to hold the cladding, and every time there's a home game it's probably half a day of making the area safe for fans, nothing on game day then half a day re-mobilising. There's been 6 home games already this season so that could be few weeks lost. Could see it taking 2 months start to finish but to Xmas would be OTT.

Tech screws through the spaces to the original cold rolled rails....drip tray on bottom then every piece of composite cladding is fixed with two tech screws on top lip.Next section slots on top of this and is secured by two tech screws and the process continues till you reach the top were the sheet is trimmed and top flashing is put on.Piece of pissing

I read somewhere recently that the actual cladding sheets are bespoke...each one handmade...in a factory in the Aegean. Transportation to Merseyside (via train)has apparently been the issue.
I would have thought shipping the cladding from a factory in the Aegean would make more sense but I guess the people running EFC know what they're doing

Jesus your bloody optimistic aren't you :rant:

Cs9t3p6W8AAyl6-.jpg

WOW! 2 scissor lifts, @tommye must have got off his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back