Goodison Supper Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
My older brother when he goes on occasion - take his pies from a shop in Prescot - famous for good pies - heats them up wraps them in tin foil - for half-time to share with his son & grandson -

Back in the 1960s/70s Goodison had Sayers pies plus a bottle of decent Brown ale in a paper carton - not OTT prices - the cues were big , but serviceable - & half time was only ten minutes then ..... they sold out sometimes ....
If it’s Ray’s Bakery you’re talking about Joey it’s been sold , don’t know what the pies are like now, I walk past when I go to watch Prescot Cables.

My older brother when he goes on occasion - take his pies from a shop in Prescot - famous for good pies - heats them up wraps them in tin foil - for half-time to share with his son & grandson -

Back in the 1960s/70s Goodison had Sayers pies plus a bottle of decent Brown ale in a paper carton - not OTT prices - the cues were big , but serviceable - & half time was only ten minutes then ..... they sold out sometimes ....
Those meat pies were lethal and should have been sold with a Government Health Warning they were that hot. The gravy juice burnt many a lip and chin

Which raises an interesting point. Do we feel, as a level and responsible forum community, that the wools are better supporters than local supporters?

*thread idea*

The best supporters are the ones who were around when we were winning stuff and haven't thrown themselves off a bridge now that we're utterly cack

I've only seen the cack years, so this is just "normal" to me

If you were around in the 60's, 70's and 80's, then our crapness must hurt all the more, regardless of where you reside

The best supporters are the ones who were around when we were winning stuff and haven't thrown themselves off a bridge now that we're utterly cack

I've only seen the cack years, so this is just "normal" to me

If you were around in the 60's, 70's and 80's, then our crapness must hurt all the more, regardless of where you reside
I can confirm this. However I choose dissonance as it helps me navigate Everton so much better, and kinder to my feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.