Goodison the hardest place to referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymoyes

Player Valuation: £70m
WORLD Cup final referee Howard Webb has labelled Goodison Park as one of the most “partisan” grounds to referee. And the retired official cited the stadium's historic Bullens Road Stand as the “hardest place” for assistants to go.
Webb, now 45, refereed close to 1,000 games throughout his career - but picked out Everton and Stoke as the most difficult arenas to officiate at.
“I think in the Premier League the two that stand out for me are Stoke and Everton,” he said. “Both have really partisan fans which obviously helps their clubs. Everton is a great club behind the scenes, I liked Everton a lot, but their fans were so partisan.
“If there was a clear situation against Everton which you penalised it would be met by howls of derision. And that touchline on the far side from the Main Stand was the hardest place for assistants to go.
“They would certainly feel pressure from the supporters behind the goal, too, so I would say Everton and Stoke were the two hardest domestically.”

he also said moyes is the most annoying manager

I think what this proves is that in the big games that will stand out in the referees minds, usually the derby, they've given a host of terrible decisions against us that have been met with howls of derision. Things like this being "let go" by a certain referee.

0206A12F000004B0-0-image-69_1416444045992.jpg

Resulting in this...

071020-181-Everton_Liverpool-600x399.jpg

But probably also because our crowd loves a good moan even if the decision isn't the wrong one. lol

I love they hate, my hatred for Lee Mason grows all the time and I really hate he cries on a Monday when he sees he has to come here on the Sat.

Is that the reason why we have arguably witnessed more than our fair share of shambolic refereeing over the years.

That is just a nonsense statement from Webb, innit.

Slippy told the ref to send Hibbo off one day.

Carragher freely admits to hauling Lescott to the ground and no penalty given.

Kuyt almost breaks Neville in half and stays on the pitch.

A referee blows time just as the ball is rolling into the net to deny us a victory.

These are just four incidents from games against one team.

What a stupid thing to say.

Sounds like excuses. Refs know any decision against Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal will be dragged up by the media time and time again. So they are very careful not to make too many. It all balances out when they err the other way against the likes of Everton. Just have to put up with a knowledgable crowd letting you know they've been rumbled...

It hasn't stopped referees from having total Howlers at Goodison in the past, don't really remember many contentious decisions that have gone our way.........Can remember plenty that have gone against us.

Only one I can think off.....the day Rat Boy had a goal disallowed when he was onside.

Status
Not open for further replies.