Ground Share - Is it Sensible?

Would you ground share with Liverpool?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of groundsharing I'd be more in favor for buying Anfield for a song. Anfield is a good ground, the capacity is just right for our club size and its loud. We could burn everything red and Scandivian in a giant bonfire at the center of the pitch and make it ours while LFC fans are paying $125/ticket to see a prem matchup against Bolton in their giant concrete and plastic soulless stadium.

Suppose there are both pros and cons to a groundshare option. Obviously the pros being that it would be a virtually free stadium (I would assume the council would pay for it) and it will be a world class high capacity stadium within the city boundaries.

However, Liverpool's season tickets are about £800 and ours are about £500, so Liverpool fans are not going to pay £800 for a seat that an evertonian has only payed £500 for, and with the ground being owned by the council, I imagine they will match the prices of tickets meaning a huge increase in season ticket prices for us. And also, for me there is no greater feeling than coming away from Anfield with 3 points, and this feeling will be lost if we are both at 'home' for the game.

Given both clubs dont really have a pot to piss in cashwise this surely is the most sensible option to groundshare,i've thought this for years if i'm honest.

Its time for both sets of fans AND both boards to realise this is really the only sensible option for both clubs.

Given both clubs dont really have a pot to piss in cashwise this surely is the most sensible option to groundshare,i've thought this for years if i'm honest.

Its time for both sets of fans AND both boards to realise this is really the only sensible option for both clubs.

Couldn't agree more. IF the Council and Europe can put the funding in place to help the clubs.

Yes, the Rs will scream about it, but they are going nowhere fast and this season might just persuade them it's time to get realistic.

Instead of groundsharing I'd be more in favor for buying Anfield for a song. Anfield is a good ground, the capacity is just right for our club size and its loud. We could burn everything red and Scandivian in a giant bonfire at the center of the pitch and make it ours while LFC fans are paying $125/ticket to see a prem matchup against Bolton in their giant concrete and plastic soulless stadium.

which would be towering over anfield.

I'd back it.

But the RS are selfish bar-stards and I dont think they'd do it, want to do it, and if they did we'd have to go cap in hand and beg which they'll then rinse the club to be on their terms.

Groundshare?Never happen.Nice idea but there are to many problems.Lets revamp the old lady,a lick of paint and some MDF and she´ll be good as new!

I think it's a sensible suggestion, and the fact we've had a decent discussion over the pros and cons is a reflection that we are thinking football fans. I came across a thread like this on a Liverpool forum (yeah, I know, but it cheers me up to occasionally hear them whinge) and the person who brought it up got solid abuse from everyone else in the thread, with nothing but expletives - no discussion at all. It reflects well on us that we can be a bit more mature about these things.

Can you imagine it...a shared stadium and you were a season ticket holder....Then we play Liverpool in an "away" fixture and there's some red-fecker sittin in your seat!!!

Its just so wierdly mind-bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back