• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

I'd like Germany to stick a hatfull past those horrible black shirt Hungarian fascists too - preferably with the ball going through the net first.

This is an interesting test of the Germans. Hungary are nothing other than tremendous hard workers with a good attitude, but they have given late Joachim Löw and complete Hansi Flick-era Germany terrible problems. Today will be a good test of how the Germans are progressing. Last Friday was a practice match against a pub team. Tonight the class of pub has improved, but if the hosts aren't swatting them aside, I don't think it augurs well for a proper tilt at this tournament.

One player who was emblematic of the late Löw/Flick era was Joshua Kimmich. Telling that it was his mistake that led to the Hungarian chance. I don't think he's got the mentality for international football...

One player who was emblematic of the late Löw/Flick era was Joshua Kimmich. Telling that it was his mistake that led to the Hungarian chance. I don't think he's got the mentality for international football...
They couldn’t possibly try to play him at RB against a top winger right?

They couldn’t possibly try to play him at RB against a top winger right?
Oh, I think they will. And it'll be the end of them.

I don't think he has any business in this side. He's got too much baggage from the last 8 years. His reputation and status as a player has crashed over the last 12 months here. He used to be the main man in the national team. Now, he's a bomb scare.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back