• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

You watching a different game to me/ Don't know a foul when you see it? Jeez...
That'll be me, the ref, and VAR on one side so...

If that was a foul, then Havertz should have had a penalty earlier too. To be fair to the officials, they let both of those go, so at least they were consistent.

Doesn’t mean he can’t still play a little I’m just confused how Germany doesn’t have anyone younger than that in the squad. Baumann isn’t even that good.
Ter Stegen should have been number one for at least three years now. But, like the Croatians refusing to let the old guard go, the Germans have an issue with some of their own old boys too.

Neuer should have been retired when he broke his leg on a ski trip shortly after being knockout out of the World Cup.

Doesn’t mean he can’t still play a little I’m just confused how Germany doesn’t have anyone younger than that in the squad. Baumann isn’t even that good.

Generally speaking, aren't keeper usually the oldest members of any given squad? I mean, taking 3 teen keepers has never been done...

Generally speaking, aren't keeper usually the oldest members of any given squad? I mean, taking 3 teen keepers has never been done...
Only other teams without a keeper under 30 are Hungary and Belgium. It’s a little odd. But to me it’s especially odd because as I said before Baumann isn’t really any good and they could have a younger guy filling in just to be around the squad. They aren’t taking Baumann in 2026…

That'll be me, the ref, and VAR on one side so...

If that was a foul, then Havertz should have had a penalty earlier too. To be fair to the officials, they let both of those go, so at least they were consistent.
So the ref, VAR, etc have never got anything wrong. How about Man Utd v. Wolves, first game last season, last minute. Utd's GK demolishes Wolves forward in the box. Both RAF & VAR give nothing. Kounate already yellow-carded takes Beto out as he sets off clean through at Analfield when the score was 0-0. REF & VAR give nothing. Oliver not giving hand-ball in our last game away at Arsenal at 1-1 after he'd been called to the monitor. Officials are bent, and that German foul/goal was in no way being over-ruled against the host nation. So don't rattle on as if the refs & VAR are whiter than white. Wake up and smell the coffee. Don't bother mate. You can reply, but you'll get no further reply from me...

Only other teams without a keeper under 30 are Hungary and Belgium. It’s a little odd. But to me it’s especially odd because as I said before Baumann isn’t really any good and they could have a younger guy filling in just to be around the squad. They aren’t taking Baumann in 2026…
Other than maybe Alex Nubel all their next tier down are over 30 too. Probably looking at 9th/10th best before you get to someone younger.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back