• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania

Doesn't look great, but neither do the Spaniards.

Lot of question marks all over the shop in this Euro. About the only thing that looks worth banking on is the French attack. They're scary, and will net.
Aside from Morata, I think Spain look to be in pretty good shape and wouldn't be shocked at all if they went far...Where do you see their other weaknesses? Italy just isn't very good at the moment.

Aside from Morata, I think Spain look to be in pretty good shape and wouldn't be shocked at all if they went far...Where do you see their other weaknesses? Italy just isn't very good at the moment.
Well, even if one had not seen Spain for the last couple of years, one could confidently hazard a guess that their weakness remains their head-wrecking inability to score without insisting on making 267 passes too many.

Spain. Where ideology goes to become a fetish.

Well, even if one had not seen Spain for the last couple of years, one could confidently hazard a guess that their weakness remains their head-wrecking inability to score without insisting on making 267 passes too many.

Spain. Where ideology goes to become a fetish.
I expect a player like Yamal to help in that regard if he gets a chance to do so.

Completely irresponsible the workload some of these young Spanish players are handling which is mostly a Barca issue. They'll probably go out on penalties again unless they finally realize that scoring goals and not just having the ball is what decides who wins.

That said I don't really see it from Italy or Croatia so they should win the group, and it is there for Albania to do something shocking if they get their tactics right.

Completely irresponsible the workload some of these young Spanish players are handling which is mostly a Barca issue. They'll probably go out on penalties again unless they finally realize that scoring goals and not just having the ball is what decides who wins.

That said I don't really see it from Italy or Croatia so they should win the group, and it is there for Albania to do something shocking if they get their tactics right.
I think Spain might be quite incisive with the likes of Yamal and Williams out wide. Some other interesting attacking players too like Oyarzabal, Olmo, Baena, Torres etc

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back