• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania

Dalic, before the game, was railing against the way Croatia have been "disrespected" vis-a-vis England, a side with an inferior record to his over the last six years. While Croatia have been more successful than England over those last six years, he missed the obvious point that England are more fancied because they have more of a future - or at least present - than his side which is clearly making its last stand right now.

A bit of nous might save them today, but I don't see them scoring twice to overturn this and I definitely don't think they'll beat the Italians in the last match, which is surely what they'll need to do if they can't win today.

Modric - never a candidate for a centre-fold spread - always had the look of an impish magical elf in previous tournaments. This time round he has the look of an old man who forgot to shave.

It's sad to see, but he should have taken a leaf out of his team-mate Toni Kroos's book and gone leaving us all wanting more.

Not today unfortunately. Was in the office Monday so missed the Turkey game. Did WFH yesterday and there was no 15:00 game. Back in the office today. Will have to miss at least the first half of the Germany game too.

Oh well, I'm WFH tomorrow at least so will be able to watch all games tomorrow

You need to rearrange your office days for those with no 2pm games you muggle.

If only it was that easy. I have some very unreasonable colleagues who don't understand the bind I'm in

Forgot all about that thread. Might head in there to vent later

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back