• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group D: Poland, Netherlands, Austria, France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the Austrians beating both of these teams if Rangnick has his way.
Well, who knows? The Dutch play some good stuff, but you can't finish the way they don't and then give away a soft set-piece goal and expect to do a whole lot. The Poles are committed and seem spirited. But there's no Boniek or any great subtlety in this side. They needed a point today.

As for Austria, let's see how they do against France. Austria strike me as the hipster's dark horse this time around, and that, automatically, makes me suspicious.

He even signed him for Barca I think, hilariously.

Pace merchant and not much else, even Agbonlahor had a finish on him at least.
Can't believe those tits won!

Anyway, finishing my thought, the lad should go play in the MLS. That's about his level.

And with a name like 'Memphis', he'd fit in perfectly.

Seriously, who gives their child a name like that?

But then I guess it makes sense that song 'Walking in Memphis' was topping the charts in the years prior to his birth and the Dutch do have a reputation for being emphatically LAME whilst thinking 'Ja, we ist de koolest trend setting nation in de werld!' Fathead being a prime example of that!

Ok... Rant over! 😤

How come BBC highlighted the faults of about 4 Dutch players for Poland's goal but not Van Dijk who put in a jump that Stephen Hawking would have been disappointed with.

Can't believe those tits won!

Anyway, finishing my thought, the lad should go play in the MLS. That's about his level.

And with a name like 'Memphis', he'd fit in perfectly.

Seriously, who gives their child a name like that?

But then I guess it makes sense that that song 'Walking in Memphis' was topping the charts in the year prior to his birth and the Dutch do have a reputation for being emphatically LAME whilst thinking 'Ja, we ist de koolest trend setting nation in de werld!' Fathead being a prime example of that!

Ok... Rant over! 😤
Wow, nice reaction... What in the world did we do to you to deserve such a response? Btw, that "Dutch" sentence was basically German.

About the match, we played a decent first half and should have scored more. Too many wasted chances. Second half was bad and we were quite lucky to get a win based on the last 30 minutes.

Kinda weird to see a Dutch teamroster with a lot of good defenders and so few good offensive players. Was always the other way around. I grew up with Van Basten/Gullit, then Bergkamp/Kluivert/Van Nistelrooij and after that Van Persie and Robben. No worldclass creative midfielders as well now Frenkie de Jong is injured. Ah well, three points in the bag and we'll see what will happen now.

Wow, nice reaction... What in the world did we do to you to deserve such a response? Btw, that "Dutch" sentence was basically German.

About the match, we played a decent first half and should have scored more. Too many wasted chances. Second half was bad and we were quite lucky to get a win based on tge last 30 minutes.

Kinda weird to see a Dutch teamroster with a lot of good defensders and so few good offensive players. Was always the other way around. I grew up with Van Basten/Gullit, then Bergkamp/Kluivert/Van Nistelrooij and after that Van Persie and Robben. No worldclass creative midfielders as well now Frenkie de Jong is injured. Ah well, three points in the bag and we'll see what will happen now.
Hahaha... Just fuming because I can't stand seeing Fathead win mate.

Overall, I don't mind the Dutch... 😜

Depay is a tit though...

Promes should also join them.

Weird thing about Depay is that he has been quite important for the national team the last few years. Our top goalscorer and creates the most chances. But he is no Van Basten...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back