Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of pace we have currently from our forward line is a worry.

I think the likes of Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas and even DCL is no slouch, they can all offer us pace. I think the issue we currently have is we are just so laboured on the ball and that's the defenders and centre midfielders jobs to pick up the pace.

Not saying I wouldn't mind a pacy winger or frontman ( once Seamus and Yannick are back this will make a huge difference to the balance and counter attacking power ) but I think if the likes of Williams, Jags and Baines were releasing the ball quicker with the likes of Morgan and Gana moving the ball forward instead of sideways then that would be a massive help.

So far ( and it's very early doors ) the thing that worries me most is Morgan and Gana as a pair, especially how Morgan has looked as he's looked way below what I'd class as good enough to be starting

CNFm73CWsAACOWD.jpg:large

I think the likes of Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas and even DCL is no slouch, they can all offer us pace. I think the issue we currently have is we are just so laboured on the ball and that's the defenders and centre midfielders jobs to pick up the pace.

Not saying I wouldn't mind a pacy winger or frontman ( once Seamus and Yannick are back this will make a huge difference to the balance and counter attacking power ) but I think if the likes of Williams, Jags and Baines were releasing the ball quicker with the likes of Morgan and Gana moving the ball forward instead of sideways then that would be a massive help.

So far ( and it's very early doors ) the thing that worries me most is Morgan and Gana as a pair, especially how Morgan has looked as he's looked way below what I'd class as good enough to be starting

Completely agree, Schneiderlin has been very ponderous on the ball so far this season, but very early doors.

Getting the right striker and defender will be crucial now but we will get it right.

Knock it off with the bad language and the accusations... You've been here long enough to know better !!

He may be negative, but's not conclusive proof he's one of 'them'.

Fair enough mate.

But usually if a blokes standing by a wall, and five minutes later that walls been pushed over and he's still standing there and no-one else was near I'd assume he was responsible for it.

Lad will be banned within the next bad result for that lot anyway so will leave it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back