2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to start as one of the front 3 or not at all. Gueye Davies & Gomes in midfield try
& offer some stability at least.

In reality what teams in the prem play a number ten.

You could argue maybe hazard but it’s realllly not that simple with him after that maybe Leicester with Maddison.

So many number 10 either have to drop back or move wide to make it in the prem we need to stop indulging him.

He was tried on the left of a front 3 and Unsworth tried him as a false 9 and he was awful at both. Of all Koeman and Walsh mistakes he is now probably gonna turn out to be the worst and most difficult to resolve. He is a player who can play a specific position in certain formations. If the whole team isn't built round him and the game isn't going to plan he is merely a passenger. For the wage which he agreed to so accepted the burden the goes with he should be dragging us thru games like this and proving the difference.

He's a quality player in a poor team. As tosuns goal v millwall showed. Give him a quality run and he can thread a clever ball through.
Very little around him to show his quality.

lollollol oh please.

Im not saying he's david silva. Surely you got that. I havent got to spell that out have i?
But thats the sort of ball when silva does it from the edge of the box everyone recognises its quality. He can do it. Its just there is usualy nothing for him to pass to.
Gylfi is the least of our problems. Watched enough football to know he's a decent player.

Im not saying he's david silva. Surely you got that. I havent got to spell that out have i?
But thats the sort of ball when silva does it from the edge of the box everyone recognises its quality. He can do it. Its just there is usualy nothing for him to pass to.
Gylfi is the least of our problems. Watched enough football to know he's a decent player.

David Silva does many more things that Gylfi Sigurdsson can’t do that lead people to recognise he’s a quality player. He’s also played for world class teams and won many trophies and Gylfi Sigurdsson has not.

David Silva does many more things that Gylfi Sigurdsson can’t do that lead people to believe he’s a quality player. He’s also played for world class teams and won many trophies and Gylfi Sigurdsson has not.

On an Everton level that is exactly what silva does for class sides. Little short pass from the edge of the box to slide someone in. Again, Who have Everton got that can do it on our current level?
You dont need to give me a history of david silva. I know who he is.

On an Everton level that is exactly what silva does for class sides. Little short pass from the edge of the box to slide someone in. Again, Who have Everton got that can do it on our current level?
You dont need to give me a history of david silva. I know who he is.

We haven’t got anyone who can do what David Silva can do, even at our level. Certainly not Gylfi Sigurdsson.

We haven’t got anyone who can do what David Silva can do, even at our level. Certainly not Gylfi Sigurdsson.

So for once we get a striker who makes a run( rare as rocking horse [Poor language removed]) and he's played in by sigurdsson. If it happened more he would probably hit it more aswell.
Even silva would struggle to do it in an Everton shirt. Looking for the non existent runs from the non existent striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back