Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceland ISNT a Barkley replacement, they both play better at number 10, but I honestly cant see Ronny playing a 10, Barkley if he stays will be expected to play as an 8 or on the right wing, Iceland a number 8 or left wing.

But at times we might play a number 10, his signing gives us options.

Ross Barkley was our only "number 10" all last season, so adding "another" is only a good thing.

tbf, it could be argued we're going to have a whole host this season.

could be argued iceland, rooney, barkley, klaassen and sandro could play there, they would all be fighting for my 3 spots behind the striker anyway, with klaassen probably be played deeper, but that means gueye and davies both miss out. Loads of options ha Unless sandro was bought solely to play as a striker. Then again, spurs have loads of numbers to for those positions and i envy that so much.

He's a very very good player. Yes he put a lot of crosses and direct balls in last season but he was playing for a side battling relegation. I'm sure he followed team tactics, its not pretty down in the relegation scrap.

I'm fairly certain barkley couldn't have single-handedly kept Swansea up.

He's a very very good player. Yes he put a lot of crosses and direct balls in last season but he was playing for a side battling relegation. I'm sure he followed team tactics, its not pretty down in the relegation scrap.

I'm fairly certain barkley couldn't have single-handedly kept Swansea up.
Or single footedly !

Reactions: Ivo

From what I've seen Sigurdsson has the ability to time his passing, hold onto the ball just long enough to release the runner at the right time. Like Pienaar used to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back