Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked what I saw. It wasn't the sort of game where he was going to get much chance to shine, but two or three of his touches were excellent, and there was one point where himself, Klassen and someone else played themselves beautifully out of a tight situation. I could almost see Martinez on the touchline smiling at that point, and then remembered we had a dour Dutchman in charge now :unsure:

His delivery from set pieces is boss too obviously.

Looked hugely off the pace, which is to be expected. Still, didn't look all that bad considering.

Can definitely see why we paid £45m for him as Ross' replacement.
Did he make any meaningful touches??

Only joking before you go a bit weird!

really not sure why he came on so early tonight, looked expectedly well behind fitness wise and while i understand the need for minutes in order to get those levels up, the situation in this game was far too precarious to risk using him to that extent. split away should be a much better environment for him to work on his match sharpness.

He doesn't get enough swing in his leg when he is passing the ball and his kph when running with the ball needs to be upped by 0.2. I'd also like him to rotate faster, he needs to spin at a higher velocity and pounce more when we don't have the ball.

I'll give him 421 more minutes of football to up his game and will reassess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back