Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zed

Player Valuation: £25m
why am i so up-beat about us all of a sudden? ive got a feeling in me gulliver that we are going to batter a load of teams into submission. from the depths of QPR/Blackburn to being freed from yakubu, beckford and hopefully yobo, with the promise of some pace in Drenthe - coleman nearer fitness, i just cant help feeling positive. so what we didnt spend like stoke, we didnt need to coz we`ve got the players already- they just need organising by ginger minge. the bank is sated for now so show us what you got blue boys

I feel positive too.

Everyone was fed up with the same old same old.

Well things have definitely been shaken up now.

I'm not happy per se, but I'm definintely looking more positive on our chances of winning games early in the season. I just hope for the love of clubbing seals that we won't play Vic up front. Never ever again.

Stoke spent a fortune but they signed some utter gash. How has no one figured Cameron Jerome for what he is yet?

I still can't help thinking maybe Mikel when he played was the focal point , thus stifling other players ability to use the ball. Maybe just maybe the shackles may have been released and another player will step up to the plate.. Heres hoping anyways.

COYB.

What Muggins said.

We've mixed it up a bit, let's see how it goes.

I just hope it doesn't damage some of the player's confidence to see Mikel moving on to 'better things'...

Agree with these sentiments

August has gone now and we need to start getting behind what we have. I think if we can win a few games on the bounce the good feeling will come back.

11pm on Deadline Day it seemed very gloomy. I certainly feel as if the shake up could be of benefit in the long run.

I feel there is a cheeky free transfer needed somewhere for numbers!

Stoke spent a fortune but they signed some utter gash. How has no one figured Cameron Jerome for what he is yet?

Well they are spending for Europa. Croutch 12m was amazing bidnes by saggy face, but he's got a good record in europe, I think, and he should find the other end of those Delap throws.

I still can't help thinking maybe Mikel when he played was the focal point , thus stifling other players ability to use the ball. Maybe just maybe the shackles may have been released and another player will step up to the plate

COYB.
this will happen. Arteta wasnt the be and end all for EFC. he strolled around the middle admiring his keep-ball skills instead of releasing it a-la seignor Barkley. COYB

I think the team dynamic will change, hopefully Rodwell may live up to his potential. Barkey can easily be the driving force from midfield with Felliani has the holder; Osman has the creativity, as does Bily, its just a case of getting a system that works. Hope to see Coleman fullback with Baines, the sign of good team is always the ability to have 2 over lapping fullbacks.

Maybe Moyes will start to break up the squad he had built, we may see Cahill be used more sparingly now instead of a fixture on the team sheet and used when required

I'm a bit meh zed lid but looking forward to seeing the new faces, hoping we get that pace and directness we've been missing down the sides.

Wish we didn't have to sell players and were going places though.

It could be we are more effective. Maybe Moyes is planning to play a pressing game with a high energy midfield. Win the ball back in the opposition half and use pace down the flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.