Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a higher quality player want to come to a team that spent last season circling the drain?

Why would a higher quality player want to come to a team that spent last season circling the drain?
Maybe his current manager has told him he doesn't see him fitting into his system as a regular starter, and rather than kick his heels and toss about like loads of our lot, he actually wants to play a bit of footy.

Maybe he looks at our midfield options and thinks "I'm better than all them, I'm a nailed on starter."

I dunno.

Couple of years ago he was one of the first names on the England team sheet, similar to Alli he's fallen off a cliff at Spurs for whatever reason. It's obvious what Lampard wants this summer, established players who are on the decline and who he thinks he can get back to the top of their game. We saw this with Dele in Jan. Wouldn't surprise me if we end the summer with just 3 in: Tarks, Winks + McNeil.
If that’s the case, and with Richy going, then I think we’ll be in for another exciting end to the season, at least. And I don’t mean that in a good way.

If he was that good as Jorge and Thiago they wouldn’t be selling him

Stop coming up with reason why a bang average player will be good for us.

Its widely stated by the Spurs fans on their forum that both Dele and Winks went to poop confidence wise firstly under Mourinho.

Their game time dropped off (massively this season) and Winks piped up and said he needed a run of games to get back to form.

These two are both players who need a Poch manager behind them...we have similar in Lampard.

These boys werent average under Poch thats for sure.

So it's a tie. MrGrumpy and Windymiller vs Viera and Lampard.

Unless Roy Keane comes out with a vote of confidence in the lad we need to look elsewhere.

Haha could picture Vieira and Lampard in a pub having a chat about what a good player Winks looked a couple of years ago....how they'd utilise him and how that type doesnt suit a Mourinho or a Conte team but would be back getting England caps under them.

Meanwhile a couple of young Evertonians pipe up with "what do you two old codgers know about midfielders" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.