Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough, but I'd wager everything I own that in an alternate reality whereby we only recruited players 26 and under since Moshiri walked through the door we'd be significantly better off both on the pitch and on the balance sheet than we are now. It is possible to run a club on a sell-to-buy basis that also performs well on the pitch. Difficult, but possible.

A loan for Winks I could accept, even a £10m fee, 3-year deal wouldn't be the worst piece of business that we've ever done, but I think many fans are concerned at the prospect of the world's biggest mugs walking right up to a top 6 side and giving them £20m one of their reserves and then compounding our own stupidity by gift-wrapping the duffer player we've just bought a 5-year contract. Thankfully, it looks like from some of the reporting going on at the minute that it's either a loan or no-dice from our point of view, which is encouraging.

Funny enough for the most part we did:

Keane, Pickford, Mina, Gomes, Digne, Richarlison, DCL, Iwobi, Godfrey, Kean, Sandro, Klassen, Valsic, Lookman were all bought 25 or under.

Issue ends up being they we're not very good (bar Pickford) and a lot were on £90+k a week so we're unable to shift.

The other half over 25s - Sigurdson, Rooney, Bernard, Schinderlin, Allan, James, Doucoure, Walcott, Tosun, Rondon, Gray, Townsend, Delph, Williams...I'd even say had more hits than misses (compared to the under 25s) but the wages were ridiculous.

The other half over 25s - Sigurdson, Rooney, Bernard, Schinderlin, Allan, James, Doucoure, Walcott, Tosun, Rondon, Gray, Townsend, Delph, Williams...I'd even say had more hits than misses (compared to the under 25s) but the wages were ridiculous.
More hits than misses? Really? I'm struggling to see ANY hit here.

Gray cost 1.7m. That doesn't make him a hit. It makes him a cheap failure.

More hits than misses? Really? I'm struggling to see ANY hit here.

Gray cost 1.7m. That doesn't make him a hit. It makes him a cheap failure.

Considering game time/influence/price etc Allan Doucoure James had more an impact than Mina, Gomes, Iwobi for example

Considering game time/influence/price etc Allan Doucoure James had more an impact than Mina, Gomes, Iwobi for example
No, I get you. There are definitely degrees of impact. As much as I loved the sainted James - the most beautiful player I have seen play for Everton in every sense - he wasn't arsed. What a mirage he was. No wonder he ended up in the desert.

Funny enough for the most part we did:

Keane, Pickford, Mina, Gomes, Digne, Richarlison, DCL, Iwobi, Godfrey, Kean, Sandro, Klassen, Valsic, Lookman were all bought 25 or under.

Issue ends up being they we're not very good (bar Pickford) and a lot were on £90+k a week so we're unable to shift.

You have left out one of the biggest bonehead deals we did in Bolasie. 27 year old wide player with no end product for a big fee at the time

It could have been worse as I seem to recall we went all out to sign Sissoko for huge money but we’re beaten to it by Spurs

You have left out one of the biggest bonehead deals we did in Bolasie. 27 year old wide player with no end product for a big fee at the time

It could have been worse as I seem to recall we went all out to sign Sissoko for huge money but we’re beaten to it by Spurs

Koeman era is something we've never shaken

Status
Not open for further replies.