Have the blues ever brought you to tears?

Well?

• Yes

• Close

• No

• Am a bloke and it’s not very Andrew Tate to cry

• Tears on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Never tears of sadness (I’m obviously not a big enough Blooo).

But when Amokachi scored the 4th v Spurs in the ‘95 cup semi I did cry tears of joy, literally sobbed. I was a hormonal teenager back then in my defence.

And when we beat Palace 3-2 at the end of 21/22 season to stay up, I did have a quiet moment to myself and had a little tear of sheer relief in my eye.

Tears of joy every time we won silverware or avoided last gasp relegation.

I don't cry at defeat ... there isn't enough saline in my body for that. Plus it's only a game and nothing I have control over, so why lament too much? I just sit with the 100 yard stare for a few days.

Weirdly, the only time I've cried over Everton was after we lost 2-1 at Old Trafford in December 1987. In my defence I was only 10 years old and Everton meant more to me than pretty much anything in my life at that age, and that was the day our title was definitely going to the dark side cos they won 4-0 to go about 16 points clear of us.

I would have come pretty close after a few derby defeats around then too, but generally bit my lip and held it in.

1985 FA Cup Final.

Players had nothing left, 3 days after CWC Final. So close to a deserving Treble and then Whiteside curled in the winner. I was 14 years old, watching it with my parents and grandparents and just couldn’t stop the tears when the final whistle went.

Tears of joy - cup final 95 - my first proper trophy as was a bit young for the glory days. Thought they were back under Big Joe and it all drifted away as quick as it came.

Tears of sadness - dour Daveys bottle job in the semi against them in 2012 - thought we had them and we blew it, killer feeling coming home.

Tears of relief - palace 3-2, was convinced we were gone and blubbed like a gimp at the final whistle.

Tears of pain - when I heard Howie passed away then again at his funeral service in the cathedral and also the Hillsborough “he’s my brother” remembrance before a match - proper ruined me those.

Came close to tears again after the Chelsea performance as well tbh.

Not the Blues per se really but the tribute to the 96 (He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother) at Everton vs Bournemouth (under Martinez?) before kickoff was a very emotional moment. Puts it all into perspective I suppose.

Closest thing to the Blues is maybe when we got beat Sheffield United at home under Ancelotti having been 2nd at Christmas? That season promised so much, then we had a great run in Jan winning games - and then it just seemed like we ran out of steam. Getting beat by them in such an abject performance was just the confirmation to me that we weren't even finishing in Europe that year, found it very difficult to take.

Arsenal away I think it was 1998 , they won the title and Adams went through us like Brian glover in Kes . It was just a horrible day , our team had no fight or spirit and relegation just seemed inevitable (sound familiar ? ) .

At the final whistle I sat there motionless at Highbury thinking nothing would save us and despite being in my thirties I could feel my eyes moisten up . The mayhem outside as I left the ground soon sorted me out mind .