Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amy1878

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi

I am a final year student at John Moores University. Last year i spent a year working in the communications department at Everton FC. I now have to produce a dissertation on my time at Everton. There are a few questions that i need answering by fellow evertonians. And i would greatly appreciate it if you will take the time to answer them! Please see below:

Name:

1.) How often do you visit evertonfc.com on a weekly basis?

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the internet? (10 being the highest)

3.) What areas of Evertonfc.com interest you the most?

4.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you use the most?

5.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you dislike? Why?

6.) Do you find Evertonfc.com easy to navigate around? If No please state why?

7.) What if anything would you improve on Evertonfc.com?

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com?

Name: Jon
Sex: Yes Please (lol, bet you never seen that one coming!)

2/3 times

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the internet? (10 being the highest)

9 probably

News and the shop (although shop is [Poor language removed])

News page

Customer support, buying tickets (cant ever remember my login, and why dont they take visa electron??)

Not keen on the general layout of the site

Sort of, for basic stuff. but trying to find certain things is a pain in the arse sometimes !!

Better layout, and better customer services. oh and better payment options

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com?

Toffee web, grand old team, sky sports

Name: Macca
Sex: M

2-3 times per week
The News, followed by the Stats, followed by the shop, then the player profiles.
Front page
The expensive areas. Becuse they arent free.
Yes.
Bruce Wayne in there somewhere.
Because theres more to life than Everton Fc. The internet is a pretty big place. Toffeeweb (doh) 4thegame, espn, tribalfootball.

Last edited:
Hi

I am a final year student at John Moores University. Last year i spent a year working in the communications department at Everton FC. I now have to produce a dissertation on my time at Everton. There are a few questions that i need answering by fellow evertonians. And i would greatly appreciate it if you will take the time to answer them! Please see below:

Name:Bill
Sex:M

5 times a week.

News, EvertonTV, & Megastore

News & EvertonTV

Megastore due to lack of product, not easy to use.

Yes it's easy.

The Megastore

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com?Grand Old Team, Toffeeweb, Newsnow:Everton

Here you go.

Name: atrottel

5 times

Everton TV, news, stats

Ditto

Forum, navigation, ticketing (which is an abomination, but strictly not part of the main site), auction (often broken links), general sloppiness, Pravda news management on written content (although understandable) and general poor standard of copy.

No, little organisation or thought. In dire need of user-testing.

See above

Main news sites, newspaper sites, Google News, GrandOldTeam - alternative views and often quicker news.

Name: Bruce
Sex: Male

1.) How often do you visit evertonfc.com on a weekly basis? 5-6

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the internet? (10 being the highest) 10

3.) What areas of Evertonfc.com interest you the most? News, stats

4.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you use the most? News, stats

5.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you dislike? Why? The commercial side could be much better. There is also a lack of information on things like the youth team.

6.) Do you find Evertonfc.com easy to navigate around? If No please state why? Sure, it's reasonably easy.

7.) What if anything would you improve on Evertonfc.com? The marketing of the site is poor. For instance the official Everton facebook page has 152 fans, the one I built in December has almost 1,500 already. What's the point of a website if no one knows its there? Marketing comms isn't just about marketing to the end customer, what do the club do to communicate with fansites such as this? I said quite a bit more in an email to the marketing manager but he has yet to reply.

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com? GOT and BBC

Hi

Name:Ste
Sex:22

2-4

News and Player interviews.

News

Advertisements, in the middle of an article.

Yes, EFC.com is very easy to navigate.

I would make the articles complete and move the advert to either the top or the bottom of the article.

Sky Sports, Grand Old Team and BBC.

done.

Name: Dave
Sex: Male

6-7

News, fixtures, match reports, ticket info

As above

Player profiles could be more in depth.

Yeah it's fairly good.

Would probably re-do the home page as I'm not overly keen on the main news section.

GrandOldTeam obviously, cos we're ace :P BBC as it's easier to compare our fixtures with other teams and things like that.

Name: Richard

7-10 times per week.

EvertonTV, News, and Club History sections.

EvertonTV.

Megastore. Should offer more in terms of product with a shipping charge that actually encourages overseas fans to buy from Everton directly.

Yes.

I would feature the History and Fan Channel sections of EvertonTV free of charge with links from the Homepage. This would give visitors with an interest in Everton an opportunity to learn more about the club and the people who support it.

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com?[/QUOTE]

TW, GoT, BBC, KEIOC (even though I'm for Kirkby), icLiverpool. I like the offiicial site, but it is but one part of the perspective on Everton.

Hi

Name:Roy
Age:to oldSex:Think I'm male but cant see my togger for my belly

1.) How often do you visit evertonfc.com on a weekly basis?daily

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the Internet? (10 being the highest)8-9

3.) What areas of Evertonfc.com interest you the most?news
4.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you use the most?highlights

5.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you dislike? Why?service its diabolical

6.) Do you find Evertonfc.com easy to navigate around? If No please state why?yes

7.) What if anything would you improve on Evertonfc.com?see no 5

toffee web.grand old team.bluekipper sky sports

Hi

Name: Roy

1.) How often do you visit evertonfc.com on a weekly basis? 4/5

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the internet? (10 being the highest) 9.25

3.) What areas of Evertonfc.com interest you the most? ticket details, news

4.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you use the most? ticket details, news, headlines

5.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you dislike? Why? the bits u have too pay for, because u have too pay for them

6.) Do you find Evertonfc.com easy to navigate around? If No please state why? yes

7.) What if anything would you improve on Evertonfc.com? quicker updates

Toffeeweb, bluekipper,nsno, sky sports.com

Hi

Name: tezza

1.) How often do you visit evertonfc.com on a weekly basis? 7-8

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the internet? (10 being the highest) 6

3.) What areas of Evertonfc.com interest you the most? yesterdays papers

4.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you use the most? E-ticket

5.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you dislike? Why? Megastore, Pretty poor in reguards to selection and pictures

6.) Do you find Evertonfc.com easy to navigate around? If No please state why? Yes

7.) What if anything would you improve on Evertonfc.com? 1 free everton tv wknd per month, or the interviews free.

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com? BBC sport, bluekipper, got, Tw, football365

Good luck lad

Name:suits
Sex:male

1.) How often do you visit evertonfc.com on a weekly basis? varies, can be never, can be over 10 times. depends on what i require.

2.) On a scale of 1 – 10 how would you rate your ability to use the internet? (10 being the highest) five, maybe five and a half.

3.) What areas of Evertonfc.com interest you the most? official news and confirmation of news broken elsewhere

4.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you use the most? news and stories

5.) What areas of Evertonfc.com do you dislike? Why? forum, chock full of piss taking kopite vermin.

6.) Do you find Evertonfc.com easy to navigate around? If No please state why? not had to navigate for a long time, so cant say. news and stories are usually front page stuff.

7.) What if anything would you improve on Evertonfc.com? proper moderation in the forums, access to the stuff evertonfc.com charge for (how much was the new tv deal?).

8.) What other sports sites official or unofficial do you visit to find out information about Everton FC and why do you use these sites instead of using evertonfc.com? wsag (When Skies Are Gray) ,bluekipper, toffeeweb, GrandOldTeam (clearly), the 'newsnow' page that reposts a lot of everton stories throughout the media ie: blogs, other everton sites. newspaper internet pages.

hope that does the business for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back