Hibbert and Osman pen new deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed a academy boy done good. Has the old fashioned game in him. He would have been a superstar in the sixties and seventies. A true blue and you have to admire that no matter what.

Hibbert has played well latley credit where its due, i think if we did stats on goal line clearences he could be top, i actually think hes one of the best tacklers at the club.

Ossie for me has really come into his own last and this season hes turning into a trully acomplashed creative player has slipped under the radar a bit due to Arteta Piennar and Fernades et al.(y)

Good on em. Theyve come through and been massivley hepled by Moyes to get into this position.

I like Ossie, good technique and such a battler. Hibbert is another story though, and I really think we should have offloaded him. Look, he's done well at times and he has some real plusses to his game.

But the reality is he is possibly one of the worst players going forward in the game. Defenses have changed so that you need a back to get forward, and overlap with confidence. Hibberts just not anywhere near the best defenders in the game. Look at Lescotts goal tally and his defense and you see improvements all the time. You can say that about every other defender at the club, but Hibbo is a defensive luxury.

Good on em. Theyve come through and been massivley hepled by Moyes to get into this position.

I like Ossie, good technique and such a battler. Hibbert is another story though, and I really think we should have offloaded him. Look, he's done well at times and he has some real plusses to his game.

But the reality is he is possibly one of the worst players going forward in the game. Defenses have changed so that you need a back to get forward, and overlap with confidence. Hibberts just not anywhere near the best defenders in the game. Look at Lescotts goal tally and his defense and you see improvements all the time. You can say that about every other defender at the club, but Hibbo is a defensive luxury.

sure he's not the best but he seems to know it. part of the reason he kept elano at bay was because he played him with respect, didn't go for steals like people usually do against him he just kept him in front of him. i've only seen him go forward a couple times, and to be honest i haven't seen anything horrendous. he never creates magic up front, especially on overlaps but he'll usually hold for a sec than shell of to arteta or the like, which atleast gives our playmakers a chance to get into better positions.

having players like lescott who are immense on either side of the pitch is a rare pleasure, but we don't need to demand that. hibbo keeps the ball out of the box most of the time, that's all we need.

don't need to tell you how happy i am about osman, at the start of the season i thought he'd be one of our lead scorers, and he may have been had he gotten more starting nods. i believe he hasn't gotten fair playing time so its a bit unfair, but i'm glad he felt satisfied enough to resign.

this shows how much being in cup competitions is helping us, we have opportunities to give our struggling players chances to play, so they have a reason to stick around, nicely done moyes on keeping these 2 true blues at the club.

Osman is a quality player in the 4-5-1 and his approx 8-10 goals/season are very much needed.

I think Hibbert has played well lately. Both are good signings. And if Hibbert doesn't pan out he'll be worth about 1.5M on the open market (judging this by Naysmith costing 1M)

sure he's not the best but he seems to know it. part of the reason he kept elano at bay was because he played him with respect, didn't go for steals like people usually do against him he just kept him in front of him. i've only seen him go forward a couple times, and to be honest i haven't seen anything horrendous. he never creates magic up front, especially on overlaps but he'll usually hold for a sec than shell of to arteta or the like, which atleast gives our playmakers a chance to get into better positions.

having players like lescott who are immense on either side of the pitch is a rare pleasure, but we don't need to demand that. hibbo keeps the ball out of the box most of the time, that's all we need.

don't need to tell you how happy i am about osman, at the start of the season i thought he'd be one of our lead scorers, and he may have been had he gotten more starting nods. i believe he hasn't gotten fair playing time so its a bit unfair, but i'm glad he felt satisfied enough to resign.

this shows how much being in cup competitions is helping us, we have opportunities to give our struggling players chances to play, so they have a reason to stick around, nicely done moyes on keeping these 2 true blues at the club.

Yeah, you cant doubt the Hibbo love for the club, and at times he can play superbly.

He's quick, can tackle and can really nullify the best of players.

But I just think we need another Bainesy. A passer, a thinker, someone who can hit a sweet volley and do something attacking when everyone else is having a stinker.

Great sides have magic fullback who get forward and releive the pressure on the rest of the team. Look at the Nevs and Becks combo; The roberto Carlos's and the Cafu's; the Eboue's and the Silvinho's.

They can do what Hibbo does, turn around and attack the other team. Ive only ever seen Hibbo chip and chase.

Nice guy, and I dont have a bad word to say about him but we need some class in that position.

If you look back at our last great team, tell me you would rather a Hibbo than a Stevens?

I'd be the first to admit that I used to be all over Ossie for getting knocked off the ball to easily as well as going anonymous in matches but this year, he's easily been one of our key contributors.

Sure, he still gets pushed around from time to time but we are a better team with him and I wouldn't have said that in prior years.

A big "Well Done" to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back