Home grown players

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRINGOSTAR

Player Valuation: £750k
Why do the fans and homegrown players not work out ?

Anichebe, Vaughan, Rooney, rodwell, Barkley, Gordon, ball, dunne. Even hibbo and osman had their haters although they were 1 man clubs apart from loans !

Anichebe, Vaughan, Rooney, rodwell, Barkley, Gordon, ball, dunne. Even hibbo and osman had their haters although they were 1 man clubs apart from loans !
Rooney did but left at a time the club felt they needed him. The rest were crap.

We expect our academy players to act with the same level of passion and love that we have for the club. When they inevitably move away they often showcase that they are a bunch of rats who don't know the true meaning of NSNO or what it's like to be a Toffee - in recent times we've seen that clearly with Rodwell, Barkley and now Gordon, but looking further back, Rooney and Jeffers are perfect examples of this

I always thought that Vaughan looked the business before his injury. Osman gets a lot of stick for non-footballing reasons but he was a solid enough Premier League player (and better than anything we currently have in midfield). The problem is that (bar the overrated Gordon) we've had bot all else for the last 10 years!

We expect our academy players to act with the same level of passion and love that we have for the club. When they inevitably move away they often showcase that they are a bunch of rats who don't know the true meaning of NSNO or what it's like to be a Toffee - in recent times we've seen that clearly with Rodwell, Barkley and now Gordon, but looking further back, Rooney and Jeffers are perfect examples of this

rats? he’s moving to a club with more ambition mate

In fairness pony hawk is still here and seems to have unlimited chances from the fanbase. There’s probably still a large number who’d have Kenny back as well despite him being a Sunday league player

Some are overly critical.
Some are overly sensitive.

The debate is the two clashing.

Sprinkle in a bit of genuine JUDAS rats, and some club encouraged JUDAS rats over the years and it's the recipe for what it is.

Go and read Chelsea forums/social about the likes fo Mason Mount though.

It's football - it's nothing exclusive to Everton, or as some journalists have claimed this week, the city of Liverpool.

I think it’s reflective of being at the top of the football pyramid, in the most competitive league in the world.

The standard of player we require is astonishingly high on a global scale.

If you say there are 500 players in the Premier League, that really is the cream of the crop you’re taking from all global talent.

It’s going to be extraordinarily hard to breed players to make it into that top echelon.

Lots of different stories here

Anichebe - was well liked, even had a really good scoring run but was more a lower half of the table quality striker at a time we had better (would have prime Vic now tbf)
Vaughan - very exciting but got injured loads so never made it
Rooney - I idolised him as a kid and then Bill flogged him. We gave him dogs abuse and were then surprised the narky scouse lad gave a bit back and kissed the badge!
Rodwell - good business moving him on
Barkley - rat
Gordon - seems like a rat
Hibbo - respected for being an honest pro who gave his best but was never quite good enough, had a well attended testimonial too
Osman - Moyes playing him on the right consistently ruined his rep. Would be our best creative player and probably our top goalscorer if we had him now ffs

I dont remember Anichebe and Vaughan getting pelters? They never kicked on as much as we'd have liked but I wouldn't put them in with Rooney and Barkely. They shat on the club.
Definitely not Vaughan, I think we all thought he would be class until his injuries intervened. Anichebe was just another player that should have been sold way before we moved him on. People like Hibbert and Osman was more to do with us having top 6 asperations but constantly losing to those teams and it being glaringly obvious that with the players we had that was not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.