Hooligans

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moore06

Guys,

As you know im from Aussieland. Me girlfriend is from liverpool and we are thinking about coming over this year sometime. And i have a serious question i want answered.

Just say i was in Manchester or something walking along a main road during broad daylight wearing an Everton jersey, i know i would expect some filthy looks and remarks but seriously violence?.

Ive asked my girlfreind and a few mates and they reckon id be stabbed, is this true, seriously whats the go?

Guys,

As you know im from Aussieland. Me girlfriend is from liverpool and we are thinking about coming over this year sometime. And i have a serious question i want answered.

Just say i was in Manchester or something walking along a main road during broad daylight wearing an Everton jersey, i know i would expect some filthy looks and remarks but seriously violence?.

Ive asked my girlfreind and a few mates and they reckon id be stabbed, is this true, seriously whats the go?

I doubt it mate, I walk around manchester all the time in my Everton tops and a filthy look is the most you can expect.

I live in Manchester - you'd be fine walking around the city centre, a dodgy look is all you are going to get, maybe a bit of friendly banter (and I do mean friendly!).

I wouldn't wear an Everton top of an evening though, just because of the effects of alcohol. And I wouldn't go wandering around any of the rough suburbs either. But for general touristy stuff in and near the centre, you're better off worrying about other things!

I walked into the Anfield shop wearing my everton top!!! [Poor language removed] I got lots of looks and comments, but no attempted murder :P Although there was one little kid who liked ripped open his jacket to show me his RS top!

You have my sympathies. I have one Red, one ManU brother and another brother who is on the red/blue fence and a sister that could care less. Pain in the arse the lot of them.

I used to live in Oldham (just outside Manc-land)and would always go out in my Everton top, most I ever got was "You an Everton fan?" to which I would reply "yeah" and continue on.

Guys,

very few man united fans in manchester. the man city fans i have met have been pleasant enough, its surprising how only very few clubs encourage arrogance and contempt in their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back