how close are we to the "best"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's untried there, so none of us really know in all honesty mate. I'm speculating he would be decent there.

he can't tackle and his positional sense is atrocious he would weaken our defence considerably, he just isn't a right back, maybe he was in ireland with *enter generic irish name* running at him, but the likes of nani etc would tear him a new one regularly.

We are far off although look at Newcastle, if we play to our potential most of the season rather than half we could finish top 5-6.

We won't know properly until Moyes gets a consistent season out of his players.

It's great watching us score and play brilliantly for 3 months, but a season is much longer than that.

Pienaar, right back, back up striker, right winger a creative/attacking midfielder (e.g. Fernandes, creative/Dempsey, attacking) and imo another midfielder for cover.

All the above must be top 8 quality at least. No outs by the names of Fellaini or Baines = top 4 challengers i.e. pretty much impossible financially. Top 5/6 is a definite possibility with good acquisitions though. The EPL is not what it was.

just remembered this thread i started at end of season and wondered if peoples opinion have since changed?? i felt we were clise then and have seen nothing since to change my mind !!! coyb !!

just remembered this thread i started at end of season and wondered if peoples opinion have since changed?? i felt we were clise then and have seen nothing since to change my mind !!! coyb !!

We're closer than we were 4 months ago IMO. First 11 has shown we can compete with almost the whole league. But as was said then we still lack depth and consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.