How Important is Baines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely I wouldn't want to sell a player because he is too good. Rather, I think that we NEED Pienaar and could also use Donovan next year and to do that, we need to sell a player. I'm not convinced that Baines shouldn't be that player

You're on a slippery slope when you're looking to sell one of, if not our best player to fund the purchase of two older players.

Rodwell/Jagielka etc are sales i could see justified. If there are two players i would say we must keep it would be Baines and Fellaini.

Scoring 4 goals in our last 2 league games... more to do with our misfiring aussie not playing... much as i love him.

Agreed.

My guess is we'll probably have to sell someone over the summer because I don't think the January transfers were planned and budgeted for. Who that will be I don't know but I think if a big enough bid came in for any of our players it'd be considered.

We sold 22m worth of players to fund the January transfers.

Exactly....snag is we have Hibbert and Osman on the right....OR Baines/Pienaar on the left....who would you rather have the ball ? Just subconcious from Howard and the centre backs i think at the very least.

Distin didn't look great today, good effort after last week and didnt deserve a card but he's no way a left-back.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, snag? Hibbert's got 3 assists in the last 2 PL games and has the heart of a lion. Yes, Osman isn't the best on the right, but he's been playing well recently and you can't drop him based on form. Although I would LOVE to see Hibbert and Barkley on the right.

On topic though, don't sell Baines. I just hope the 2 games without him show not just Moyes, but the entire squad that they don't need to rely on him for EVERYTHING. He's probably relieved that the team's doing well without him. Sometimes you can see the frustration on his face when he has an "off" day by his high standards, and I think that stems from him feeling the pressure of the team on him to deliver.

Yea but you read thread after thread saying things like lets sell baines for 15million lets sell fellaini for 20million lets sell jelavic for 25million... Then come next august we'll be playing our youth team with a mega bank balance...

Collymore has been popcornin about him on talksport all afternoon....he sayin that he is gonna go utd on the cheap in the summer....I ****in hate collymore

Whoa Whoa Whoa, snag? Hibbert's got 3 assists in the last 2 PL games and has the heart of a lion. Yes, Osman isn't the best on the right, but he's been playing well recently and you can't drop him based on form. Although I would LOVE to see Hibbert and Barkley on the right.

On topic though, don't sell Baines. I just hope the 2 games without him show not just Moyes, but the entire squad that they don't need to rely on him for EVERYTHING. He's probably relieved that the team's doing well without him. Sometimes you can see the frustration on his face when he has an "off" day by his high standards, and I think that stems from him feeling the pressure of the team on him to deliver.

Hardly Maicon and Ronaldo though and not exactly in the same league as Baines am\and Pienaar.

Yea but you read thread after thread saying things like lets sell baines for 15million lets sell fellaini for 20million lets sell jelavic for 25million... Then come next august we'll be playing our youth team with a mega bank balance...

This.

I'd rather push for Europe and use The FA and Uefa's money to pay the banks. Consistant European exposure will more than likely lead to a buyer too.

Was thinking about this before and this is what i think.

8 Goals in 2 games played without Baines. Does this mean we're better without him? Of course not, but what it COULD mean, is that we OVER RELY on Baines when he plays. When he doesn't play, we try other things. When he plays, he's our only route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back