How in the world did Joe Royle manage to sign Andrei?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sres

Player Valuation: £225k
I've watched Everton solidly since the early 90's and to this day he is still my all time favourite player at Everton.

I'm still baffled how JR managed to persuade him to join us from ManU and if I ever get to meet the Joe Royle it will be the first question I ask him.

[video=youtube;ms0FNTIbr3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0FNTIbr3Y[/video]

Great player, I remember watching him score a cracker whilst i was sitting in the top balcony of the main stand.

Wasn't he a big gambler....

I can't remember why he left United, maybe that was it.

I heard something about his agent threatening the Utd chairman at the time. He loved his signing on fees and never stayed long anywhere, not sure how true it was like.

We'd just won the FA Cup, Johnson was newly in charge and promised big spends. And Andrei snorted signing on fees like there was no tomorrow.

One boss player.

it looked like we were a team on the up, and as above, he seemed to 'require' signing on fees. incredible player and hard to believe we actually had a player that good in the mid-90's.

We'd just won the FA Cup, Johnson was newly in charge and promised big spends. And Andrei snorted signing on fees like there was no tomorrow.

One boss player.

One boss customer as well.

*jumps on plane to Chicoland*

Was a fantastic player and one of my all time favourite Prem players.

I saw him make his debut for United against Arsenal. I was in a hosp box after being invited by friends. In his first 30 seconds he picked up the ball in his own half and ran past 3 players like they werent even there.

He is definately one of my favourite Everton players. Would love to have someone like him in the squad now.

He had to keep paying off the Russian Mafia to protect his family back home. Thats why i guess he needed the signing on fees.
We could do with someone like him now.

Andrei Kanchelskis?!? Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in ages!
Used to dig his styles when I was just a wee lil' lad...

I was at the Sheffield Wednesday game where he ripped them a new one.

Not sure I've ever seen a better one man performance.

What a player.

I know we have big names now but back then, having Andrei was the equivalent of us having Robben in the current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.