Votes: 133 48.5%
  • Three

Votes: 71 25.9%
  • Four plus

Votes: 22 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 for the first team, id be hapy with that, be shocked if it's more, in fact if we get the defender from Newcastle I'd be happy with just 1

We'll sign 2 centre halves, a central midfielder and an attacking player of some description.

Three will be perms, one loan.

25 man squad as it stands:-

Goalkeepers:

Pickord - main
Stekelenburg - backup
Virginia - reserve

Right Backs:

Coleman
Kenny

Left Backs:

Baines
Digne

Centre Halves:

Jagielka
Holgate
Keane

Midfielders:

Gueye
Sigurdsson
Davies
Schneiderlin
Besic
Dowell
Baningime

Wingers:

Bolasie
Lookman
Walcott
Richarlison

Strikers:

Tosun
Niasse
Calvert-Lewin
Sandro

Not included:

Mirallas - likely to leave on loan
Vlasic - likely to leave on loan
Martina - apparently has no future in the first team
Pennington - likely to leave on loan
Galloway - not sure what is going to happen with him
Browning - likely to leave on loan

-----------------------------

it's clear that our weakest area is central defence and we ideally need two new centre halves to join before the window closes otherwise i would imagine pennington would stay and morgan feeney would get promoted to the first team

if rumours are true and lookman is looking to leave and besic is sold then that would maintain the 25 man squad

i do think that if lookman leaves we still need an extra winger, bolasie is still not up to scratch and walcott has injury problems so i would like us bring in lozano if possible. sandro has been playing on the wing during pre-season but he is predominately a striker

if besic leaves i would also like us to bring in a new central midfielder, someone with pace and is good at pressing the opposition.

I'd be content with a central defender who would go straight into the starting XI and a midfielder to add some pace and creativity in the middle, which we lack.

After that, I'd hope for a proven players up front who offered something different from Tosun, and Niasse and the much coveted second centre half - this could wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.