How much can Farhad spend this offseason without FFP trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not simply a question of who we sign. There are perhaps 15 players we need to get rid of first. A couple of them might attract interest at a lower level but most won’t. It’s a huge legacy of 5 years of drunken spending.
Very true and add to that the turnover of managers who in hindsight did not appear to have any idea of a settled style of play. If I am wrong about that then they certainly did not do adequate research to verify if there incomings would be able to deliver to make things work.
At the moment we have Carlo and it feels like we said to him 'Here's a hammer and some nails, now build us a house.'
I am as frustrated as most by this season and the absence of style. Unfortunately it is going to take more than 1 more season to sort out the poor management and decisions taken since Moyes left in 2013.

One slight crumb of comfort being the fact Carlo has been open in identifying the problems. To answer the thrust of the thread, Carlo has already pointed out to the effect that no punishment has been given to the breakaway 6 so why should we worry.

I think that if Moshiri knows the spades are in the ground for the new stadium, he will find ways to minimise FFP as with the new stadium, the value of his investment increases significantly.

Spend as little or as much is needed to get the 4/5/6 players we need. Total spend isn't the important thing, it's getting the players in.

It's likely that a lot of money will be needed though. Good things don't usually come cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.