Howard gets a call from Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is amazing for Howard though. What a tournament he had.

As a non American I'm gutted they are out. Which is strange, because I always hope America lose.

Um...his play did kinda help to get an entire nation behind it's team...and he's the Captain of it. And Obama clearly spent more time talking about Howard.

Clint Dempsey will be remembered for that miss. And that is all he will think about for the rest of his days.

Groucho, thanks for findiing the vid. The beauty of it was that Tim scored it at Goodison and I do not think that has ever been done before at GP.

Groucho, thanks for findiing the vid. The beauty of it was that Tim scored it at Goodison and I do not think that has ever been done before at GP.

I seem to recall Howard was more than a good sport in his postgame interview after scoring that goal, saying he didn't want to celebrate it because that is every goalie's nightmare. Good guy and nice perspective.

Everton capitalising on Howard with having him as the cover picture on Facebook.

Our likes have shot up by about 100K this week!

I think you are referring to Wondo. Dempsey's shot was saved on that set piece...Wondo is the one who put it over at the end of regular time.

No I'm not referring to Wondo as that was offside.

Dempsey was one on one from 6 yards out.

Status
Not open for further replies.