Hypocrisy or stubbornness?

Hypocrisy or stubbornness?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser Soysauce

Player Valuation: £10m
In the wake of all the good news regarding Mr. Farhad Moshiri, would we be happy to 'buy' a league title or would you want to do it the 'safe way', i.e cautious spending and slower progress?

We're all a bit guilty of looking at the likes of Chelsea and Man City and muttering under our breaths "But they bought that title".

Hand on heart, will you be saying the same if we do the same?

After all, can you imagine picking up a title before the RS?!

Just curious is all.

Me personally, I'd go with buy a title, I've been waiting long enough and let's be honest, 1.2 billion pounds is A LOT of money :)

Fella's only worth 2 billion max. He's not spunking his entire fortune on a business investment.
He needs to invest enough money to turn us in to a competitive business so his cash injections become less needed.

Agreed, but I'm not asking him to spend 2 billion on a squad, I mean, is that even possible? But I am talking about a spend to which we have never seen before at Everton. I almost spunked when we spent 28 million on Lukaku!

We should be excited, but I think we need to temper expectations.

We now look to have a backing/resource that'll allow us to make the next step, which is some genuine ambition and finding some consistency to break into that top 4.

Lets start there. Top 4 as an expectation, rather than a outside chance.

In the wake of all the good news regarding Mr. Farhad Moshiri, would we be happy to 'buy' a league title or would you want to do it the 'safe way', i.e cautious spending and slower progress?

We're all a bit guilty of looking at the likes of Chelsea and Man City and muttering under our breaths "But they bought that title".

Just curious is all.

Me personally, I'd go with buy a title, I've been waiting long enough and let's be honest, 1.2 billion pounds is A LOT of money :)
I've never thought anything less of someone who's spent money to win stuff

Just been really jealous that it's not us

Even though Chelsea and Man City are historically nothingness

Leicester is an outside chance. We are talking about 100 million pound spend in the summer (granted, some will be used to retain certain players). Spend wisely and break the bank if we need additional funds, but it's got to be on the cards right? EFC for a title in the next 5 years? Here's hoping!!

We should be excited, but I think we need to temper expectations.

We now look to have a backing/resource that'll allow us to make the next step, which is some genuine ambition and finding some consistency to break into that top 4.

Lets start there. Top 4 as an expectation, rather than a outside chance.
This and a cup win for me.

We need to invest off the pitch mainly, not on it. We are swanning around with 20 goals a season strikers and 50 million pound defenders and then crying investment?

I'd rather us put the capital into turning us into a club with dodgy loans and selling everything we own and build some sort of business that generates money and publicity. May be then we can think about spending loads on the pitch,

Just curious is all.

NEA what people say, very few teams that have won the league have not bought it being honest, we had the nickname the mersey millionaires for a reason.

the Chelsea and City moans also stem from the fact that by and large neither team has in 100+ years ever really won much at all and suddenly became a dominant force out of nowhere, a club with a long history such as ourselves or say Villa its hard to throw the same jibes at us without being battered by a history lesson on why its different

Chelsea and City combined right now have just the same number of league titles that we have, remove the past 10 years and it becomes laughable how much bigger we have been throughout the past 100 years than either

Agreed, but I'm not asking him to spend 2 billion on a squad, I mean, is that even possible? But I am talking about a spend to which we have never seen before at Everton. I almost spunked when we spent 28 million on Lukaku!
With the new sky monies the money he needs to invest for playing staff shouldn't be huge. I hope he's looking to improve everything else. Buying Finch Farm, improving our stadium situation, removing debts if needed, promoting us in large markets outside England. Buying players for me is a minor priority as that's a temporary fix and we look like a Bentley on the field but under the bonnet is a 1.1 fiesta engine.

Ive got no problem with it but unless Usmanov or a few others come in with him we aint about to buy ourselves a league title, in comparison we now have someone with about the same funds as Stoke currently have, difference being plucky Everton are now going to have the funds to improve an already strong side instead of building a decent side from nothing like Stoke have since Hughes took over and bought in some quality players.

Only thing i can't stand is the plastic fans who jump on the bandwagons and act like they've supported the team all their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.