Hypothetically - Del or Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismpw

Player Valuation: £70m
So Deulofeu looks as though he might be playing his way back to Barca, who are also very interested in John Stones.

I know we're not a selling club, and none of us want to lose either player - but realistically if you get good money for a commodity who might have their career ended in a bad tackle next week - it would be good business to accept the cash (at the right price) for any player.

What I'm wondering, if Barca started taking serious interest later in the year .... which of these two is more valuable to us to keep? For instance, if they dangled a juicy amount of cash for Stonsey, and part of the deal would be - 'we won't take up our option to buy Deulofeu back' ... would you be happy with that?

We haven't had an attacker as exciting as this since Kanchelskis, I'd say. Stones is sexual football, his gliding runs out of defence are sugar on the top of an already excellent cake. I think we could live without Stones (and with a decent replacement with the money). Del offers us something so much more, and something I'm not sure money can easily buy right now.

Thinking is good for us. It's what lifts us above the animals across the park.
Its an attempt and mentality for those Evertonians who have to have a moan about something. A truly brilliant performance against Villa a couple of days ago. Probably our best performance of the season and rather than talk about that and moving forward building on the progress we have made........ lets make a thread and talk about selling our best players and fill our heads with some gloom. Nothing against you personally. Just weird how some can't help themselves.

This thread will re-open nearer the transfer window on the basis of who is more valuable to retain and there's further speculation as to Barcelona's interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.