I quite enjoy the realism here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - that's why I picked on Lukaku really. We played well up until it reached his sphere of influence and, basically, he had no influence whatsoever. Again.

If we played like that more often this season we'd have had a different season.
Lukaku set the tone by bottling that through ball from Osman. The least we should have got there was their GK sent off for bringing Lukaku down. Lukaku could easily have touched that bal to the side of Pantilimon and either stayed on his feet and slotted or tumbled to the ground for the red card. He did neither and he looked less than sharp (or was it less than arsed?) for the rest of the game.

I have always felt that Evertonians expect passion above all else, that is why we took a cart-horse like Straqualursi to our e

Completely dominated 90 minutes yesterday having 25 shots at goal and playing some very nice football; S'land got two scabby deflections and got off with a pen.

That's the way non-Evertoninas saw it, and correctly so.

If we play like that every week and get a cutting edge to it I'd be very content.

There's just one or two elements missing from us at the moment.

The margins between boss and gash are tiny.

Yet those calling for a managerial sacking just keep on calling.

I sort of get you, but I have to say, I can see why people would like an ugly 1-0 win rather than a boss 2-0 defeat.
Oh yeah, defo. But there's no reasoning whatsoever when the ball fails to find the back of the net. The same people would have given credit to Man Utd's intent two weeks ago at Goodison even though we beat them 3-0 by soaking up and taking our chances. But they wont afford that credit to their own team.

Very odd.

we'll win the first 5 games of next season and all of a sudden we'll be champions league contenders again. until we lose at home to sunderland for a 3rd successive time and we'll turn turd again.

Oh yeah, defo. But there's no reasoning whatsoever when the ball fails to find the back of the net. The same people would have given credit to Man Utd's intent two weeks ago at Goodison even though we beat them 3-0 by soaking up and taking our chances. But they wont afford that credit to their own team.

Very odd.

Wasn't it exactly the same side that thrashed United too?

Very odd.

Sorry Davek but we haven't been very good at all in the run we had prior to the two defeats, but we got the results.

Yesterday we played well enough to justify the previous run but we lost due to mistakes where if they'd have happened in the other games our run wouldn't have been as good. There'd have been a worse mood about the place.

Their away form hasn't been bad this season: before yesterday's game it was drawn 9 won 2 lost 8...so they more often than not dont get beat on their travels. They were fighting for their lives and we had nothing much to play for. But let's have it right: we totally dominated the game and if we'd had a our shooting boots on it'd have been a big score run up for us.

I really dont think you see the context here. If we'd played rubbish and got a 1-0 win it'd have made you more happy than me. I'd rather see evidence right now that we have a system of play that works - and that's what i got confirmed yesterday. We just were very unfortunate attacking wise and were let down by Baines for the first and Stones for the second (although the goals themselves were flukes).
You're talking as much bollocks as Martinez himself here.
Everton should always be dominating home games against teams like Sunderland. It is no great achievement that we won the possession and created more chances. That is two seasons on the run now they have came here and taken all three points without even a goal from us.

I think it is you who is not seeing the context. It is well documented that we struggle to break teams down who defend in numbers. Martinez hasn't addressed this, what does he do? He plays two defensive midfielders. He is way out of his depth and there is no coming back from this season for him. Every game we lose/draw against teams we should be beating next season is going to be magnified, he doesn't deserve to get another chance at this club. We're not running a charity here, sympathy should be going out of the window for him. I guarantee that no other big club would be accepting this performance from a manager with this squad of players.

He has made every excuse possible for this season without blaming himself for anything.

Bottom line- we need players to turn the possession into goals. Easier said than done but as my lad said yesterday, Sunderland had 4 attackers in their squad that were better than we had on our bench.

Very odd.
Do you mean there lots of blues who will do anything to find a negative?

There's certainly a few out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.