Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem, dont sign him then.
Kev, it's not on us to pay PSG's settlement figure is it? Like in no way is that on Everton.

We have done what we need to do. It's all agreed. Gana and PSG need to sort out whatever they need to sort out.

I'm sure Everton have placed an internal deadline on it. That might not have passed, or it might have already done - we don't know for sure. But you actually wanting us to pay for PSG - of all the team's - settlement is mad. It's between those two parties, not us.

Kev, it's not on us to pay PSG's settlement figure is it? Like in no way is that on Everton.

We have done what we need to do. It's all agreed. Gana and PSG need to sort out whatever they need to sort out.

I'm sure Everton have placed an internal deadline on it. That might not have passed, or it might have already done - we don't know for sure. But you actually wanting us to pay for PSG - of all the team's - settlement is mad. It's between those two parties, not us.

hopefully it’s early on in the week

Just pull out of the deal, mark my words, this would result in a massive change of stance from PSG, they want him gone as much as we want him in. I'm still not convinced, given his style of play, that he would be as effective this time around.

Just to add it's not like we are flush with upfront cash. That extra money could be the difference getting our target forward. If that was a choice I guess most people will say we need that more than Gana.

I'm sure Everton have placed an internal deadline on it. That might not have passed, or it might have already done - we don't know for sure. But you actually wanting us to pay for PSG - of all the team's - settlement is mad. I'm not even sure it'd be legal tbh.
All that guff you have written ends up with us not signing the player, because I can guarantee you PSG will not budge.

We have been round this house before with PSG with Kean - everyone said, oh they're rich they'll pay whatever we want. It doesnt work like that. PSG can afford to keep players like Gana on the bench for occasional appearances with the number of games they play in Europe.

Personally I think we are in deep and serious trouble without a player of his quality in the side.

Just pull out of the deal, mark my words, this would result in a massive change of stance from PSG, they want him gone as much as we want him in. I'm still not convinced, given his style of play, that he would be as effective this time around.
I dont think Gana would be that unhappy to see out his contract - how hard would he actually push for a move to us, if there was an impasse between him and PSG?

All that guff you have written ends up with us not signing the player, because I can guarantee you PSG will not budge.

We have been round this house before with PSG with Kean - everyone said, oh they're rich they'll pay whatever we want. It doesnt work like that. PSG can afford to keep players like Gana on the bench for occasional appearances with the number of games they play in Europe.

Personally I think we are in deep and serious trouble without a player of his quality in the side.
I think we’re at the limit of our finances and pushing the boat out for a thirty two year old is not what we want to do. It will likely limit what we can spend on a striker.

I think we’re at the limit of our finances and pushing the boat out for a thirty two year old is not what we want to do. It will likely limit what we can spend on a striker.
I get that, but the quality of striker we have been linked with actually terrifies me.

I get that, but the quality of striker we have been linked with actually terrifies me.
So are you willing to forgo a striker fir Gueye?

The general concerns is that we need two strikers PDQ. Quite a few think all the transfer activity upto now has been wrong.

I actually thing the transfers seem More planned and there is more to come that will improve us. The problem is that we are not going to get a top half striker for championship money. Glueye will make us much more solid, but won’t give us goals. We need both.

Why are we obsessed with signing him? Absolutely not a priority.

Move on and get 2 forwards so we can have a chance of getting to 40 points. Oh and preferably someone who can take a corner that goes somewhere near our players as well.
Because I don’t want to see Davies playing there.

Why are we obsessed with signing him? Absolutely not a priority.

Move on and get 2 forwards so we can have a chance of getting to 40 points. Oh and preferably someone who can take a corner that goes somewhere near our players as well.
We are moving on to forwards, have been for the past couple weeks, we’re just waiting on this settlement to tie the loose ends on the Gana deal

Then fine, we don't sign him. It's on PSG and Gana to agree a settlement. PSG aren't asking us to pay anything that hasn't been agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.