• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of bubbles are going to be burst when this mythical player returns.
Mythical? I go by what I see and he certainly isn’t that. He is capable of adding some extra grit into our midfield. He provides cover and is excellent at winning the ball back. He will also allow Onana to venture forward more, which is the way he likes to operate. Not sure what your thinking to honest.

And the other player in the midfield 3 right now, as you mention, is Tom Davies.

Everton also aren't getting the best out of Iwobi having him play deep in a 2 either with Onana or anyone else, when they need him influencing things higher up the pitch.

Everton need a player like Gueye - who isn't a 'dog' at all, which IMO is very derogatory term but that's by the by - and they also need a more creative player. They do appear to want both. I wish they'd have been done sooner.

Had our midfield 3 today been Gana-Onana-Iwobi, would you have been more confident of seeing out the win? I don't think Davies played badly, but we desperately need options.
Unless he's gone completely off a cliff mobility-wise, he's obviously going to be better than Davies, but so what? Davies is lucky to be on the books at all, never mind starting games.

Iwobi is thriving on having the freedom to get all around the pitch, and I don't see the benefit of pushing him into an area where he'll be easier to pick up, like what happens when he plays wide. It's also going to be defensive overkill when there are three centre-backs starting, which is the case more often than not.

I think a midfielder who can take the ball off the defence and show a decent range of passing would make all the difference to this team. I'm not expecting much more than a few crowd-pleasing tackles from Gana.

Gana is significantly better than Doucoure. Which is why PSG bought him and Doucoure has Watford as a former club
PSG were close to buying Doucoure at one time, and Gana was relegated with one of his former clubs.

But yeah, Gana is better than Doucoure. I'm never going to argue against that.

I think a lot of bubbles are going to be burst when this mythical player returns.

To be honest, I'm not that keen on having Gana back at Goodison, but once he's here he gets my full support. I hope I'm wrong but I feel there are going to be a lot of disappointed Everton fans who are expecting more than he will provide.

He isn't.

Iwobi is covering more than enough ground, and using the ball better while doing so.

Adding a pair of dogs like Gana and Doucoure to the mix will only lead to sloppier football than what we're already seeing.
Gana is really good at retaining possession. A ‘dog’ out of possession yes but he’s vastly superior to Doucoure when it comes to looking after the ball.

Think he will be a good signing even at that age has experience and energy.
Could have a very good affect on Onana and help him along while he settles in.
Should stop us getting constantly getting over ran in midfield like we were last season.
A midfield consisting of a mix him Onana, Duke. Owibi. And Allen if he stays gives us a physical look in the middle.
Could do with someone to add a bit of magic in the mix there to finish it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back