• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a matter of fitness. Players suffer fatigue. It is why managers complain about congested fixtures and why teams do squad rotation.

Key players like Onana, Gordon, Patterson, iwobi and gray looked shattered and if they're not 100% will get pulled apart by the rs.

Fatigue and fitness are directly correlated.

And this early in the season, I’d expect tough 90 minutes to be more beneficial to fitness.

Also, these players are all monitored by sports scientists constantly. If some players need lighter training sessions or more massages then they’ll get them. This isn’t the 1970s.

Fatigue and fitness are directly correlated.

And this early in the season, I’d expect tough 90 minutes to be more beneficial to fitness.

Also, these players are all monitored by sports scientists constantly. If some players need lighter training sessions or more massages then they’ll get them. This isn’t the 1970s.
You may be correct about a tough 90 mins being more beneficial to fitness at this stage in the season. I've heard a couple of former pros saying it took them half a dozen competitive games into the season before they felt fully up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back