• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree but thanks to years of mis-management we don't have the wiggle room to sort those deeper issues out correctly. The team is on it's backside so needs immediate fixes, otherwise we will go down! We haven't got the freedom to spend big on young established players who improve us and we don't really have the time to take a chance on an unknown prospect from the French leagues in case they need a season or two to bed in. The transfer stratagey appears to be play it safe and go with what you know.
We are living hand to mouth and probably will be for the next few seasons.
It can't go on this long. We'll go down doing this too.

Gana is good enough but he will probably be more the exception than the rule. And he's 32. He might not be good enough in 6 months to a year.

It can't go on this long. We'll go down doing this too.

Gana is good enough but he will probably be more the exception than the rule. And he's 32. He might not be good enough in 6 months to a year.
my undedicated guess is we'll sell another big asset next summer, whether that's Dom, Pickford or even Gordon and then that gives us scope to slowly rebuild. Signings like Gana may give us 2 seasons to find a good prospect abroad or maybe someone like Warrington to step up. Any money we do spend (and i think we'll see one significant signing this window whether thats MGW or Broja) needs to be spot on. We can't afford to spend 20+ million on player for them to flop so every transfer needs to be damn near perfect. No doubt that's why we are looking for premier league proven players.
As terrible as we were last season, we were only 2 wins behind Villa (who everyone raves about) and 3 wins from Mid-table. I believe we won the same number of games as Palace yet the drew 11 games more than us or something insane like that. I'd say Tarks alone should massively improve that side of things so it's not all doom and gloom but the club can't assume last season was a 1 off.

This is all just so strange and just highlights how directionless we are overall. I do think Gueye is still pretty good and that he'll fill in the desperately needed hole we have in midfield. He's also still somehow underrated by our supporters who somehow think he's not good on the ball. I'll fill you in on a little secret: anyone playing for a club at the level of PSG is far better with the ball than your average midfielder and we don't even have average midfielders largely. So he's going to help us in and out of possession. That's the good news.
Ah, so seeing him on the ball all those years was just my imagination.

What a relief!

my undedicated guess is we'll sell another big asset next summer, whether that's Dom, Pickford or even Gordon and then that gives us scope to slowly rebuild. Signings like Gana may give us 2 seasons to find a good prospect abroad or maybe someone like Warrington to step up. Any money we do spend (and i think we'll see one significant signing this window whether thats MGW or Broja) needs to be spot on. We can't afford to spend 20+ million on player for them to flop so every transfer needs to be damn near perfect. No doubt that's why we are looking for premier league proven players.
As terrible as we were last season, we were only 2 wins behind Villa (who everyone raves about) and 3 wins from Mid-table. I believe we won the same number of games as Palace yet the drew 11 games more than us or something insane like that. I'd say Tarks alone should massively improve that side of things so it's not all doom and gloom but the club can't assume last season was a 1 off.
We just don't have to wait that long to do this. We can start right now.

Premier League proven players flop too.

People are bullish on Villa because they've spent real money (poorly imo, I'm personally not bullish) and Palace because they played better than the points total ended up being and they're committed to a philosophy which they've continued with this summer. There is no reason to be bullish on us aside from McNeil being able to really take a leap playing in a different role on a more attacking team (which btw there is not guarantee we will be, but here is hoping).

As I've said I can't complain about the Gueye move for today but down the road we're going to have issues. The squad desperately needs to get younger and the average age of our permanent transfers this summer is not helping that out. We have to stop kicking the can down the road and deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.